[Albion] Back in Garth's good books

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
30 words on Ali Mac. 109 on West Ham.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64854433

Alexis Mac Allister (Brighton)​

His penalty strike was emphatic and his performance continually upset West Ham all afternoon. The Argentine international has been in sparkling form since his return from a successful World Cup. However, West Ham look in bad shape based on this display.

This was their heaviest defeat of the season and they weren't much better in the FA Cup tie against Manchester United in midweek either. If the Hammers had beaten United it would have given them access to a quarter-final tie at home against Fulham and their fans the prospect of a possible semi-final and something to look forward to.

This latest defeat only serves to make life even more excruciating for David Moyes while hearing their fans chanting "you're getting sacked in the morning" puts the writing clearly on the wall. At least he knows where he stands.

Girth Crooked thread is a lot like the MOTD threads. I open it in the vain hope that they will contain some measure of our footballing genius.

But ever am I disappointed that the fat tw@t and jug eared prat give us due acknowledgement rather than how crap the other team are.

But still, I live in hope.

Or fantasyland.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
This is meant to be an article about the best players in the league, an opportunity to praise someone, the soul purpose of this article is to analyse why someone was good, and STILL its all about how bad the opposition were.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
The prat has overlooked that the round of fixtures has not finished. There's a game tonight.

I give up.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
30 words on Ali Mac. 109 on West Ham.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64854433

Alexis Mac Allister (Brighton)​

His penalty strike was emphatic and his performance continually upset West Ham all afternoon. The Argentine international has been in sparkling form since his return from a successful World Cup. However, West Ham look in bad shape based on this display.

This was their heaviest defeat of the season and they weren't much better in the FA Cup tie against Manchester United in midweek either. If the Hammers had beaten United it would have given them access to a quarter-final tie at home against Fulham and their fans the prospect of a possible semi-final and something to look forward to.

This latest defeat only serves to make life even more excruciating for David Moyes while hearing their fans chanting "you're getting sacked in the morning" puts the writing clearly on the wall. At least he knows where he stands.
'The Argentine international has been in sparkling form since his return from a successful World Cup.'

He really hasn't, Garth...

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
The man is a f***ing clown.
It's a mystery to me how he manages to keep stealing a living from the BBC.
I put that comment in a BBC HYS chat a a while ago and received a snotty email. I then complained to official sources and was threatened with a full removal. I touched a nerve.
Crook's is merely stealing a living and always has been.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
His job is to select a random team of big 6 players on a Sunday afternoon with a token other team player or two thrown in. He nails it pretty much every week and keeps the plastics happily returning to the BBC website.

If it really was his job to select the best possible team he would have been sacked a long, long time ago.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Absolute tit. How can he give it to Alisson in goal. He made a cock up not dissimilar to the one that got Sanchez dropped although just about got away with it. Beggars belief. Hammers keeper probably deserves it more after that stop from Enciso.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think it speaks volumes that his role within the BBC is limited to this fiasco of blindfolded darts (and maybe he does the channel's equivalent to Soccer Saturday, I'm not sure?) as opposed to an actual pundit for games. Even if you agree with the choices, the feature almost always features content that has nothing to do player in questions (Ali Mac's one is the latest line of Albion players alone to have that), which makes no sense. I think the Trossard one the other day was similar.

Surely there are better candidates for the job. And if it's ghost-written, that's even worse! I know there have been big cutbacks at the BBC, but surely there must be someone a bit more qualified than him/them?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here