Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Back him or sack him

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
As are Huddersfield, which does reflect well.
Just a shame that doesn't fit the agenda.

I thought the agenda was whether the board was going to publicly support or not the manager. Surely when weighing up their decision the previous results will be looked at. We were unable to beat a very mediocre Rotherham at home, in fact we struggled to contain them in the end. Boro look set to highlight how poor they are.

In reflection what has Huddersfield and forest got to do with the price of fish?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Probably but I guess it's only fair to give him a couple of more players to see if he can turn it around, If he doesn't then nobody can say he wasn't given a chance. I still think the key to it is trying some new tactics even if it means going a bit more defensive and making us harder to score against.

Can't disagree with any of this. And as regards your tactical switch, that's a good idea given we're playing away to a team that doesn't have trouble scoring, and have won six on the bounce. Looks like with Hughes playing at right back, Sami might have been listening.

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
I will continue to back him.
I do not believe in constant manager changes, this season may be a dud, but I don't think we will be relegated, his football may not be the most attractive, but I think we should give him a full season and judge him this time next season.

I will continue not to back him.
I believe in a change of manager, if the current incumbent is passionless, has poor tactics & plays boring football. Why should we have to write off this season? If this season is going nowhere, let the new manager have half a season, then bring in his own team fresh for next season.

Lose today, fail to win Tuesday night - he must go.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
As are Huddersfield, which does reflect well.
Just a shame that doesn't fit the agenda.

Being at the bottom end of the table does fit the agenda. Like it or not any club at the bottom end of the table will look at ways of changing their fortunes, the sacking of the manager being one of them, you only have to look around us at the bottom and managers have gone. At some stage the board will have a choice to make, will we get through this or have we got the wrong man. As for Huddersfield that picked up a good manager and in his short time there, has got them climbing the table. I do not think anybody wants Sami to fail, however when you are at the wrong end of the table, you run the risk of getting the sack.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Being at the bottom end of the table does fit the agenda. Like it or not any club at the bottom end of the table will look at ways of changing their fortunes, the sacking of the manager being one of them, you only have to look around us at the bottom and managers have gone. At some stage the board will have a choice to make, will we get through this or have we got the wrong man. As for Huddersfield that picked up a good manager and in his short time there, has got them climbing the table. I do not think anybody wants Sami to fail, however when you are at the wrong end of the table, you run the risk of getting the sack.
Hmmm I wish I could be sure about that. But obviously the rest of that sentence, is true.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I do not believe in constant manager changes, this season may be a dud, but I don't think we will be relegated, his football may not be the most attractive, but I think we should give him a full season and judge him this time next season.

... in league 1...

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

What in division 1 ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I will remain Team Fence, partly for your reasons.
But also what do people expect a new manager to do?

Hyypia is playing the hand he's been dealt.
Once again we've been beaten by an odd goal.
We had chances but not enough presence to put them away.

We are supposed to play fast counter attacking football, catching the opposition defence on their heels.
For the first time this season the midfield played THE assist pass, and guess what:-

WE SCORED BOTH TIMES.

Sami's not a bad manager.
We're not a bad team.
Give him time and one or two players of quality and things should look very different.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Sack him. TB must be crying after having to write off this season's chance of making the play offs , all we've got to look forward to next season is playing Palace for bragging rights.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Sack him. TB must be crying after having to write off this season's chance of making the play offs , all we've got to look forward to next season is playing Palace for bragging rights.

image.jpg

Nurse ? NURSE !!! Soggy requires help .

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Noticed Wycombe Wanderers are top of L2 at the moment, after (very) narrowly escaping relegation to non league last season. Interestingly, they kept their manager, Gareth Ainsworth, and haven't changed the squad all that much.

Hard to understand how they can go from a (near) disastrous season to being promotion favourites. But maybe highlights what a fragile business football is, and how a team can go from one extreme to the other with not much more than a change of luck (I mean: can Ainsworth suddenly have become a great manager over one summer, any more than he suddenly became a poor one previously?).

Weird stuff. If only we had the luxury of time/money to be able to afford an experiment like that. Obviously we don't, and I wouldn't anticipate Hyypia being here beyond Christmas if the current run continues.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014

Can't see this happening as it's a fairly small chance we will meet you in the cup competitions. Could easily be 2 divisions separating us next year IMO, think we will just about survive whereas as your stay in The Championship looks to be FINNISHED :wave:

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think TB will stick with SH for the foreseeable future and possibly bring in the striker we need to turn he corner or perhaps Benno will provide our existiong strikers with the chances.

Interesting to note Barnes was not on the bench for Burnley yesterday, injured, suspended or just dropped.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here