Saints
Burnley
Newcastle

With our home record we will be fine

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
And if we need 4-5 wins for safety, then those at the foot of the table need 7 or 8 to reach a similar total. Out of 20 games. Tough ask.

This.....dry sheets here.

Looking at those lists for Cardiff and Hudds, could easily see both of them taking less than 10 points from those games, and neither will get much joy away.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This.....dry sheets here.

Looking at those lists for Cardiff and Hudds, could easily see both of them taking less than 10 points from those games, and neither will get much joy away.

Looking at Hudd’s downatthemac forum, they’re universally resigned or angry about their likely plight. A few blaming Wagner, but most putting it down to inadequate players. Apparently Stains should’ve been 5-0 up.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Fair enough. I have spent most of my life working to avoid disaster so maybe my outlook is tainted by that. :lolol:

So have I. As we are now able to discuss it on NSC, it would seem that both of us have succeeded so far........................................ Well, the one disaster that ultimately matters anyway!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So have I. As we are now able to discuss it on NSC, it would seem that both of us have succeeded so far........................................ Well, the one disaster that ultimately matters anyway!

Amen to that.

Keep breathing in and out. You know it makes sense :thumbsup:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Which is different to the reaction when we both got promoted and people on here raving about their signings.

To be fair, we would rather like to have started life in the PL the same way that they did - and we were pretty pee'd off that they seemed to get their recruiting done straightaway while we fiddled around until the last moment (how many days was Davy Propper our player before he was pitched into a PL match?)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Who are they blaming for poor recruitment

Wagner a little with a few say he insisted on spending the money on wingers, not strikers.

The majority blaming a generic ‘club’ for a crap squad and blaming the players too.

There appears to be no Paul Barber CEO type punch bag.

The owner Dean Hoyle doesn’t cop it, as he’s similar to Tony Bloom - a young-ish life long local fan, self made who’s pumped much of his fortune getting them from League One/Championship plodders to the PL. Plus he kept very low S/T prices.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Wagner a little with a few say he insisted on spending the money on wingers, not strikers.

The majority blaming a generic ‘club’ for a crap squad and the players.

There appears to be no Paul Barber CEO type punch bag.

The owner Dean Hoyle doesn’t cop it, as he’s similar to Tony Bloom - a young-ish life long local fan, self made who’s pumped much of fortune getting them from League One/Championship plodders to the PL. Plus he kept very low S/T prices.

Ta......if their current form continues I can see more flack directed at Wagner...be interesting to see how much the owner splashes the cash in January

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ta......if their current form continues I can see more flack directed at Wagner...be interesting to see how much the owner smashes the cash in January

With the Albion, I don’t think that we need to spend this January (unless a long time secret target becomes do-able, or we get a couple of injuries).

What do you think?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Looking at Hudd’s downatthemac forum, they’re universally resigned or angry about their likely plight. A few blaming Wagner, but most putting it down to inadequate players. Apparently Stains should’ve been 5-0 up.

Ive had a peep ...I see there is a thread about people walking out en masse at 70 mins......then there is the one about Moyes...now that is one pissed off forum

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We are top of Divison 3, I never accepted we were towards the bottom of Div 2. Lots more scrapping to do

We were at three o'clock today. Bad day at the office, not helped by all the other results going against us. Oh well, shrug and move on - remind me, how did our last encounter with the Arse at the Amex turn out?

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
OGS is fortunate that his first game in charge is against such a poor team as Cardiff who are being totally outplayed.
Not convinced it was fortunate. Think it was planned. Looking at their upcoming fixtures, this gave the incoming manager the best chance of success. Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Newcastle. Good chance for new manager to get some confidence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here