Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Baaaaduff vs ManUre

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes it is. There was a real opportunity for us to break into the top half of the table today. All the results, including ours, went against this happening today, so it's a shit day.

Brighton are not at that level. Clubs like Wolves, Watford and Bmuff have far better midfielders and creators, so they’ll end up winning a load more games than us.

Let’s stick to basics and concentrate on staying up, whilst we have a very modest squad.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I am flabbergasted to find then, that at least up to about three hours ago I was one of the more positive posters on here! After 60 years following the Albion's fortunes, I didn't think I qualified for optimism!

Give your head a wobble mate. Even if we were top of the league we'd still be in a relegation dog fight :lolol:punk::thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It has nothing to do with being positive . It's being a realist. I don't see us quite an established Premier league club yet. Until then i will look down and for the safety option first.

Exactly this.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Come on red shite. Goal difference means a point advantage in the releation dogfight.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I still pinch myself that we managed to beat Utd not once but TWICE at home since promotion. Cardiff are getting ripped apart. The Nigels have never beaten them in the Premier league.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Give your head a wobble mate. Even if we were top of the league we'd still be in a relegation dog fight :lolol:punk::thumbsup:
My head's fine! I know we have to avoid relegation, but I think we're well on course. It could all go pear-shaped, of course, but my gut feeling is that it won't*. And for what it's worth, I don't think we have a cat in hell's chance of a European spot, or even of a top ten finish - but it would be nice, and not beyond belief, to briefly dabble our toes in the top ten for one or two short periods during the season!

*But yes, like everybody else, I'll be looking out for the day when there are three names on the 'teams that can't catch us' thread!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That, last, was exquisite. Pogba, Lingard, goal. First time they score 5 in the league since the days of Sir Alex. First game for caretake OGS. What the Actual ****???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My head's fine! I know we have to avoid relegation, but I think we're well on course. It could all go pear-shaped, of course, but my gut feeling is that it won't*. And for what it's worth, I don't think we have a cat in hell's chance of a European spot, or even of a top ten finish - but it would be nice, and not beyond belief, to briefly dabble our toes in the top ten for one or two short periods during the season!

*But yes, like everybody else, I'll be looking out for the day when there are three names on the 'teams that can't catch us' thread!

Fair enough. I have spent most of my life working to avoid disaster so maybe my outlook is tainted by that. :lolol:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Hudd and Cardiff I hope seal their relegation fate quite early. I think they’ve already played many of their home 6 pointers.

Then it’s relying others such as Fulham NOT suddenly becoming good.

Both Hudds and Cardiff have home games which they would class as winnable.

Remaining home games:

Huddersfield
Burnley
Man City
Everton
Arsenal
Wolves
Bournemouth
Leicester
Watford
Man Utd

Cardiff
Tottenham
Huddersfield
Bournemouth
Watford
Everton
West Ham
Chelsea
Liverpool
Palace

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Both Hudds and Cardiff have home games which they would class as winnable.

Remaining home games:

Huddersfield
Burnley
Man City
Everton
Arsenal
Wolves
Bournemouth
Leicester
Watford
Man Utd

Cardiff
Tottenham
Huddersfield
Bournemouth
Watford
Everton
West Ham
Chelsea
Liverpool
Palace

They need another 25 odd points and your list gives stack of bloody difficult matches.

Hudd v Burnley is winnable. The rest are quality football teams.

Cardiff v Hudd is winnable. Again, the rest are potentially nightmarish

Both have already played at home - Brighton, Newcastle, Southampton, Fulham.

Conclusion - Hudd and Cardiff are in the deep mire.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hudd and Cardiff I hope seal their relegation fate quite early. I think they’ve already played many of their home 6 pointers.

Then it’s relying others such as Fulham NOT suddenly becoming good.
Cardiff v Huddersfield - Jan 12th.

Loser goes down, for sure.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
And if we need 4-5 wins for safety, then those at the foot of the table need 7 or 8 to reach a similar total. Out of 20 games. Tough ask.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here