Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BA Cabin Crew Strike

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
That is a reasonable wage to be glorified waitresses and waiters:smile:

Indeed, similarly the pilots are glorified bus drivers.

_84874504_lewis3_pa.jpg

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
But you listed it right up there with loss of livelihoods. You also listed next year's holidays being disrupted.

Are you really sure you're ready for Oz? You might end up melting over there....snowflake.

Oh yeah....:lol:........:yawn:

I really did mean the snowflakes wouldn't cope with the effects of prolonged industrial action, but you have it your way.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Love all these people who have obviously never lived through a prolonged period of industrial unrest. It is shit trust me. As of now people are losing livelihoods, parcels may not arrive for Xmas, holidays next year will be disrupted, business will be disrupted and jobs will be lost. But that is all OK for an outdated ideaology that JC has made trendy again for those that have never really gone without. Gap year anyone? Generation snowflake personified.

Woody I am as right wing as they come , a lot of the Industrial disputes in the 70s were politically motivated , I don't think they are now , I think there are genuine grievances.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Given the recession started in 2008 and despite all the news the economic situation is harsh this has led to an employers led economy so I suspect many grievances (some justified) are all bubbling up at the same time.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Given the recession started in 2008 and despite all the news the economic situation is harsh this has led to an employers led economy so I suspect many grievances (some justified) are all bubbling up at the same time.

Wage growth has been largely stagnant since 2008 all this industrial action was just a matter of time.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Absolutely - the ignorance of the general public (and I note the same faces here as on certain other threads) is overwhelming. One day one of these glorified waitresses may just save your life.

spot on - anyone who thinks its about selling fags and perfume is deluded.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Inflation is now going up, wait till you see interest rates rise and see how many will be happy on the minimum wage then

This is the huge issue with interest rates being so low, the minute they rise a lot of people will get into serious trouble with their mortgage repayments as they think the current low rate is normal practice, says he remembering Lamont went and sang in the bath after raising interest rates to 15%

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
This is the huge issue with interest rates being so low, the minute they rise a lot of people will get into serious trouble with their mortgage repayments as they think the current low rate is normal practice, says he remembering Lamont went and sang in the bath after raising interest rates to 15%

It will be CARNAGE when it does, and this Government of BUFFOONS won't have a clue what to do

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Base salary is low for cabin crew but they earn a lot of add ons based on where / how they fly. That said the glory days of £50k+ have gone as quite rightly airlines are now having to compete with the Middle Eastern carriers. That said for working maybe 18-20 hours over 3 days and being put up in nice hotels with free food / room service etc is not a bad gig.

Free food ?? Do tell me where you're getting this information from .

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Is it just me or are the standards of Air Stewards slipping, not just in attractiveness (which is also true), but they used to always smile and make you feel welcome on a plane.

Now I feel like I am bothering them when I ask for a water or because my TV is broken...

I agree - and they seem to throw the bloo*y food/meals at you as well.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I agree - and they seem to throw the bloo*y food/meals at you as well.

Not surprising given what goes on now, for instance Easyjet staff have to buy their own uniforms now

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
They fail to mention the expenses they claim which greatly enhances their pay.

Care to elaborate as what you believe their expenses would be then? In my experience, expenses only reimburse you what you have had to pay out due to your job, ie not making a profit. The only time this ever gave the appearance of a profit was when I got a general petrol allowance of a fixed amount per mile (but that of course had an element built in to cover maintenance/wear and tear).

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Don't forget to tell them that if you are ever in an emergency situation I'm sure they will assist you just as soon as possible .....

Absolutely - the ignorance of the general public (and I note the same faces here as on certain other threads) is overwhelming. One day one of these glorified waitresses may just save your life.

To be fair, that is a spoof account, I wouldn't take any notice.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Guy at work was telling me about a business trip his wife made to New York, which necessitated flying with BA. When the flight attendant asked if she would like an evening meal, she asked what the choice was.

"Yes. Or no," replied the Attendant.

I like that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here