Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AZ Keeper sending off

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Can't agree with you - what if the guy had had a weapon and the keeper tried to pin him down and got stabbed? You're being rational from a distance. He had to react to an assault. Two kicks is not kick boxing - it was a reflex from a frightened man.

You are spot on. He doesn't even know the stewards are there. He squares up to the next steward that arrives assuming he is a second attacker to begin with.

Last edited:

blackprince

Jul 16, 2007
The Sky Sports website is carrying a short article stating that the red card has been rescinded by the KNVB (Dutch FA)

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
The Sky Sports website is carrying a short article stating that the red card has been rescinded by the KNVB (Dutch FA)

It has. The KNVB said the referee was right to give the red card, but under the specific circumstances it will not be applied in this case.

Turns out the fan who got on the pitch was already banned fron the stadium. The club believe he was using someone else's season ticket.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It has. The KNVB said the referee was right to give the red card, but under the specific circumstances it will not be applied in this case.

Turns out the fan who got on the pitch was already banned fron the stadium. The club believe he was using someone else's season ticket.
Now if only the referee had awarded the red card without the display of pomposity and self importance (and instead calling the coach and captain over to explain sensibly), this would have been the perfect way to handle the dilemma all round.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
On the plus side it was also good to see that the ref was part of the press conference to explain his decision. You wouldn't get that over here.

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
When the person running on the field went to kung fu kick him and he put his leg up as a defensive move that was OK but when on his attacker was on the ground the boot to the ribs was the reason I think he got sent off

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Shame he didn't really manage to do any proper damage to the guy.

Coming from someone who is pretty much a pacifist.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
When the person running on the field went to kung fu kick him and he put his leg up as a defensive move that was OK but when on his attacker was on the ground the boot to the ribs was the reason I think he got sent off

I can't see any "boot to the ribs" when he was on the ground - both are to the legs, surely.

Oh, and does anyone else reckon the keeper injures his foot / ankle with the first kick after the nutter goes down? It's an awkward connection, and he seems to limp as he walks away!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here