Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aye Aye Ashley

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I don't think Matic screamed. It was Ivanovic in the first half who screamed like a baby.

Despite it being the more serious incident, I thought the Ivanovic incident was hilarious. Caught in the back, fair enough, but the scream, the double roll, then the springing up and chasing of Barnes across the pitch was pure comedy. And I really, really rate Ivanovic. For me he's one of the best defensive imports in the last 10 years.

Jan 10, 2014
Matic was trying to block the ball. His studs were never in danger of injuring AB. Even so, if someone does challenge, that doesn't give the other player carte blanche to follow through!

The only one who 'followed through' was Matic and that's why he had to have an early bath. I believe that they had to bin his shorts it was that messy.

Anyway, if anyone does want to apologise for their slurs against the innocent man that is Ashley Barnes, then they can send a £100 cheque to - The Burnley and Brighton & Hove Aye Aye Ashley Barnes Foundation.

The Foundation helps professional footballers to stop kicking footballs when another player is within 25 yards of them.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The only one who 'followed through' was Matic and that's why he had to have an early bath. I believe that they had to bin his shorts it was that messy.

Anyway, if anyone does want to apologise for their slurs against the innocent man that is Ashley Barnes, then they can send a £100 cheque to - The Burnley and Brighton & Hove Aye Aye Ashley Barnes Foundation.

The Foundation helps professional footballers to stop kicking footballs when another player is within 25 yards of them.

:facepalm: (and before you ask why, it's because your post is stupid)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No for dangerously tackling him in the middle of his leg. Matic was only sent off for his retaliation when it was natural aftet a career threatening lunge at him. That is how I saw it coupled with the MOTD crew.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

No for dangerously tackling him in the middle of his leg. Matic was only sent off for his retaliation when it was natural aftet a career threatening lunge at him. That is how I saw it coupled with the MOTD crew.

Barnes didn't tackle anybody.
Matic lunged at Barnes.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

I suggest you watch the full video of theincident earlier in this thread.

Or the image posted earleir which shows Barnes passing hte ball and Matics leg 2 ft away as Barnes makes contact with the ball and then tell me who was late or reckless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here