Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away Ticket Prices v Ipswich and Sheff Wed

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Twenty is plenty. Clubs need away fans to create the atmosphere and to keep that true "football feeling" the championship has.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Brentford are being charged 30 quid according to a Brentford supporting friend.

Don't think they are too impressed!

Football tickets are out of control

Begging the question:-

How the fook can 'we' have the nerve to grizzle about other teams prices?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Brentford are being charged 30 quid according to a Brentford supporting friend.

Don't think they are too impressed!

Football tickets are out of control

Begging the question:-

How the fook can 'we' have the nerve to grizzle about other teams prices?

But for a Brentford fan coming by train, even if they buy their ticket now they will save £4.60 with a return to Haywards Heath rather than getting a return to Falmer - so their match ticket is therefore £25.40.

The saving for a ticket bought 8 weeks ago would be a lot more, it is possible for a train traveller to save around £15 by getting their ticket to HH rather than Falmer.

Of course this will not benefit those coming by coach or car (other than the free P&R)

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Twenty is plenty. Clubs need away fans to create the atmosphere and to keep that true "football feeling" the championship has.

Do they really NEED away fans for the atmosphere they create? Personally, I couldn't care less if there are away fans there or not, and I don't believe they add anything to the atmosphere.

We create our atmosphere, good or bad, for our team.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
But for a Brentford fan coming by train, even if they buy their ticket now they will save £4.60 with a return to Haywards Heath rather than getting a return to Falmer - so their match ticket is therefore £25.40.

Indeed, which is the same price as the cheapest seats at Griffin Park.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Bollocks!!!!! It was a playoff Semi!! If you cant motivated for that and work things out then why bother!!!

I went to Boro on the Saturday and Sheffield on the Friday. As I work for myself I could arrange work at short notice.. I assume a lot of people couldn't! A lot of regulars would have been at Boro too..Not so many at Sheffield.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Can you blame them? We rarely take many to Wednesday - we didn't sell out the playoffs away leg.

However, there will undoubtedly be further tickets available if required.

Our take up there last season was embarrassing.

400 and barely a thousand for the play-off

theboybilly

Ipswich away is one of those that for Albion fans only really works on a Saturday. It's hard in the week if you work and the journey home has the danger of something going wrong on the train as you only have (I think) 2 trains to get you back to London after the match and I've yet to have a straightforward journey. But I enjoy it for all that. Sheffield Wednesday not so much because of their backward fans. The pubs are great though

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ipswich away is one of those that for Albion fans only really works on a Saturday. It's hard in the week if you work and the journey home has the danger of something going wrong on the train as you only have (I think) 2 trains to get you back to London after the match and I've yet to have a straightforward journey. But I enjoy it for all that. Sheffield Wednesday not so much because of their backward fans. The pubs are great though

I haven't been to Ipswich for a couple of years now, but I can't recall many places with "Home Fans Only" outside so many pubs. It's Ipswich and Brighton for crying out loud.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Do they really NEED away fans for the atmosphere they create? Personally, I couldn't care less if there are away fans there or not, and I don't believe they add anything to the atmosphere.

We create our atmosphere, good or bad, for our team.

I disagree, the quips, friendly and not so friendly banter and singing all add to the occassion

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bollocks!!!!! It was a playoff Semi!! If you cant motivated for that and work things out then why bother!!!

Congratulations for getting time off work at short notice, and having the finances to be able to do it. Motivation is the least consideration for a lot of fans when planning away games.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I disagree, the quips, friendly and not so friendly banter and singing all add to the occassion

I respect your view but I don't share it. I'm never close enough to opposition fans for them to hear anything I might say or vice-versa. They add absolutely nothing to the occasion for me; our team and our fans do that perfectly well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here