Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away Ticket Prices v Ipswich and Sheff Wed

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I

Hillsborough is expensive, lousy and I won't be going there either. There are far nicer grounds for less money.

Irrelevant when you consider that a win there would be one of the most satisfying results of the season. Although given our record there just scoring a goal may be beyond us....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Irrelevant when you consider that a win there would be one of the most satisfying results of the season. Although given our record there just scoring a goal may be beyond us....

A win would be record breaking. I won't ever go back to that ground, ever.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
It's a case of supply and demand. If Ipswich lower the price to £20 would twice as many fans go? Look at MK Dons last season, we packed the stadium out at super low prices (including travel). But then would Ipswich want 5,000 away fans in their ground out singing the home end.
Perhaps an option would be to discuss this before any fixtures are released and teams agree between them to offer each others fans a £25 ticket.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If we want to be Premier League Ready shouldn't we already be capping our away prices for fans like Reading have?

In the scheme of things it really is small fry.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
If every team rises the prices by this much I would have to give up drinking completely!

I think that the prices (beyond BHA control) are ridiculous and my possibly flippant comment was borne out of my suspicion that many will use it as an excuse to not go, when it was none too likely initially.
I would love to see genuinely the amount of travelling fans who will now not venture to say, Ipswich, simply because of the cost of the ticket.
My bet would be, and I stand to be corrected, very few.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think that the prices (beyond BHA control) are ridiculous and my possibly flippant comment was borne out of my suspicion that many will use it as an excuse to not go, when it was none too likely initially.
I would love to see genuinely the amount of travelling fans who will now not venture to say, Ipswich, simply because of the cost of the ticket.

I do largely agree with this. There are many ways to do an away day, but once transport, food and drink are also factored in, there isn't a huge amount of difference between the ticket costing, say £27 and £32.

However, I think there is psychological factor when the ticket goes from twenty-something to thirty-something.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
I do largely agree with this. There are many ways to do an away day, but once transport, food and drink are also factored in, there isn't a huge amount of difference between the ticket costing, say £27 and £32.

However, I think there is psychological factor when the ticket goes from twenty-something to thirty-something.

There isn't a huge amount of difference based on one game....but it is a long season!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Depends how many tickets you are buying too. I pay for at least two and often four.

Diesel wise it probably costs me about £15 to get to Sheffield and back and we will have one drink at most and a pie. The majority of the cost is the tickets.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Ipswich away section is also a very uncomfortable and crowded area. If it was nicer, I'm sure a few people wouldn't mind paying a bit extra. The price, location, and area combined make it one of the least attractive venues.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Ipswich away section is also a very uncomfortable and crowded area. If it was nicer, I'm sure a few people wouldn't mind paying a bit extra. The price, location, and area combined make it one of the least attractive venues.

I also feel sure that 'Tuesday evening' will have a slight effect. In the 'uncomfortable' envelope, it is plush compared to the likes of Brentford and QPR. The designated pub over the bridge is fine, especially when you compare to the likes of Elland Road.
So, you'd be coming if it was £27.50?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I also feel sure that 'Tuesday evening' will have a slight effect. In the 'uncomfortable' envelope, it is plush compared to the likes of Brentford and QPR. The designated pub over the bridge is fine, especially when you compare to the likes of Elland Road.
So, you'd be coming if it was £27.50?

No. I pay concession prices anyway. It's just not a ground that I like. Funnily enough, Brentford is more comfortable for me.
QPR is a death trap.

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
Does anyone know if they have automated turnstiles rather then actual humans? My mates that are going all have nus cards and I don't, just wondering what the chances of actually having to show one at any point are.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How much will the Albion charge their fans to come to the AMEX?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Brentford are being charged 30 quid according to a Brentford supporting friend.

Don't think they are too impressed!

Football tickets are out of control

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here