Away Ticket Prices v Ipswich and Sheff Wed

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Oh really, I wasn't aware of that. Thanks.

I wrote on these pages several times as to why demand for the away leg was before and I completely understand why. Hell, I watched it in a pub down here myself. Last season's league fixture was midweek too (I did make that as I was working in the area that day) which would have seriously cut demand. I would have thought, for a Saturday, we may take more than 800. I'd put 1,200 or so as par for this one.

Having just taken 2k or so to Boro (almost as far as you could get) it didn't surprise me that much either.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
I was looking forward to Wednesday after the play off atmosphere.....could be costing me out though, especially with those bloody poles in the way.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
INCLUDING US

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Correct - I'm not leaving us out of anything and didn't say that... Although at least we have some at £25 and £28 - I think there's only one category at £32 isn't there?

Maximus

Jul 24, 2007
Brighton
The issue with the Prem ticket prices being charged is that the clubs aren't relying on the gate money to offset the expenditure of the club, as millions are distributed to teams just for being in the Prem.
I agree that £30+ is too much in this division, but it's the clubs job to juggle supply/demand with an eye on cash flow.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yet the premier league now have a £30 cap on away tickets but Champ sides are charging this - disgraceful...

It's not disgraceful at all - the two leagues operate completely different business models.

In the Premier League you're an extra in the cast of one of the biggest TV shows in the world. They could even pay you to come along.

In the Championship we are providing vital financial support to the clubs that play there.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I was having a bit of a moan to a Derby fan, regarding the price of our tickets on the opening game at the Ipro.

She suggested, it might have something to do with Brighton charging them £35.00 when they visited the Amex.

Is it possible there could be a "tit for tat" thing going on?

People forget about the travel subsidy, if SW included the return tram fare in their ticket price then that would be more comparable.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's not disgraceful at all - the two leagues operate completely different business models.

In the Premier League you're an extra in the cast of one of the biggest TV shows in the world. They could even pay you to come along.

In the Championship we are providing vital financial support to the clubs that play there.

IMO charging anything over £20 for a football ticket is pretty disgraceful regardless. Also, prem league tickets have always been more expensive than lower leagues (if you look at it entertainment-wise you're seeing the best players etc) so yes it is disgraceful to be paying more for a second tier game for me. Yes sky etc mean they can now afford to do it, I'm well aware...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
People forget about the travel subsidy, if SW included the return tram fare in their ticket price then that would be more comparable.

I wonder how much use our travel subsidy is for fans travelling from oop North to the Amex. It's not a scientific test, but I just looked at rail travel for Preston fans to both Haywards Heath and Falmer on October 15th. Doesn't seem to be any difference in price.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

I wish more people would understand this. Premier League ticket prices are no longer relevant.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I wonder how much use our travel subsidy is for fans travelling from oop North to the Amex. It's not a scientific test, but I just looked at rail travel for Preston fans to both Haywards Heath and Falmer on October 15th. Doesn't seem to be any difference in price.

Although the cheapest way to travel to away games for us by train is usually to buy separate tickets from Sussex to London and then London to the away town/city. For away fans coming to us you can get an advance single to Haywards Heath from Victoria for £5 so a total of £10 on a Saturday the best price I can see from Victoria to Falmer is a return for £27.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
IMO charging anything over £20 for a football ticket is pretty disgraceful regardless. Also, prem league tickets have always been more expensive than lower leagues (if you look at it entertainment-wise you're seeing the best players etc) so yes it is disgraceful to be paying more for a second tier game for me. Yes sky etc mean they can now afford to do it, I'm well aware...

All the time Tony Bloom is paying £1.5M a month for his ticket, our ticket prices will be higher than the Premier League.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports