Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away Support

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Have they still got that wanky air siren thingy they crank up when they get a corner or score a goal?!! Pissed me right off a couple of years ago when that bloody thing piped up, especially as we were mullering Lincoln not the other way round!!

(we started so well, and battered them throughout the game I should add, that even after only 20 mins their "lads" got off their seats and were half way out the exit when Lincoln scored and they all came running back giving us the old RAF impression!! After only 20 mins!!! Oh for the "good old days" of Div3 when we were a good side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

AWimps

Nov 8, 2003
No the siren is at a retirement home for similar things!

So you were impressed with our home support? Yeah, the atmosphere was quite good on saturday. Being totally in control against a suposedly superior side helped though with an early goal. Also our manager could well be leaving to higher things so we wanted him to know he ought to stay at city.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
We tried that AWimps by singing to Coppout but it didn't keep him with us.

Money talks far more than fans singing.

Respect to you guys though, as El Pres said, you did sing us off the park.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Padders said:
I wasn't impressed by the number who left early either

I agree there. it annoys me no end! I know there are those who will say " I pay my money, so I can do what I like!" but I don't subscribe to that view. How many people walk out of a concert or a theatre before the end? I think it's insulting. Even though the the performace hasn't matched expectations, I still think it is out of order leaving before the end.....but this argument has all been done to death before, I think.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Lucky_Boy_Farang said:
Just being opologetic as I'm after a beer :lolol:

Age ? Please dont berkshire, You'll will be calling me grandad next :ohmy:

Gouranga :smokin:
You will get a beer alright over your head:lolol: :lolol:

I might buy you a beer if your a good boy:blush:

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
Fran Hagarty said:
I agree there. it annoys me no end! I know there are those who will say " I pay my money, so I can do what I like!" but I don't subscribe to that view. How many people walk out of a concert or a theatre before the end? I think it's insulting. Even though the the performace hasn't matched expectations, I still think it is out of order leaving before the end.....but this argument has all been done to death before, I think.

Are you on drugs ?

When I go to away games and we are 2-0 down and playing utter pants then sometimes I leave because I cant handle it anymore. I pay good money out of my wages to follow the albion then If I decide to leave in the first half then I will. You lot should wake up and smell the coffee.

When brighton fans leave then it shows the players we aren't to pleased as well. Its alright for them picking up their wages week in week out and having long contracts but we all work out butts off at work from 8 till 5. They turn up for training proberly twice a week and kick a bag of wind around then go and play golf.

AWimps

Nov 8, 2003
I must admit that yesterday I actually felt a little sorry for the away fans. Its not often that I could say that, but to come all that way, was it 4 or 5 hours and see a performance like that, its hardly surprising you were streaming out long before the final whistle.

Having the mickey taken out of you by the home fans must have been a bit hard to take, but hey, we all have to put up with a bit of ribbing from home fans when we go away. I think if we had been in the same situation we would have been leaving the withdean early aswell.

I know its a different issue but when we lost heavily in the play-off final last season to Bournemouth, nearly all of the 15,000 Imps fans stayed long after the final whistle. Probably more to do with not wanting to leave such a great stadium as we don't play in too many like that! Also needed to keep away from those bloody coaches after the tedious journey down for as long as possible.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
You're entitled to your view. However, I too, work a full week in a stressful job, have a mortgage to pay and other responsibilities and I make sacrifices to be able to afford to go matches. I just happen to think that if I've paid to see a match I want to see it all, whether I think I've got my money's worth, or not! People leaving early really p*** me off! Anyway, those who left early missed our goal - scant conolation in view of their three, I know! And, incidentally, I'm not on drugs just because I don't happen to agree with your view! Do you have an attitude problem?

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
AWimps said:
I must admit that yesterday I actually felt a little sorry for the away fans.

I agree with you there! In the days when we were actually winning matches (!) I often felt sorry for the away fans when they lost, especially those who had travelled long distances, to sit in expensive seats, with a poor view, sometimes soaked to the skin, only to have to queue for a park and ride bus in order to get back to the car for a long drive home! At least most away grounds we travel to are considerably better than ours, but we hope those days will be numbered if John Prescott approves our plans for a new ground following the public enquiry.

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
Fran Hagarty said:
You're entitled to your view. However, I too, work a full week in a stressful job, have a mortgage to pay and other responsibilities and I make sacrifices to be able to afford to go matches. I just happen to think that if I've paid to see a match I want to see it all, whether I think I've got my money's worth, or not! People leaving early really p*** me off! Anyway, those who left early missed our goal - scant conolation in view of their three, I know! And, incidentally, I'm not on drugs just because I don't happen to agree with your view! Do you have an attitude problem?

No I haven't got an attitude problem but what does get my back up is when you say about the Albion fans leaving early, Its up to the Individual who has payed his/her entrance fee and is entitled do what ever they like.

Our players wouldn't know the meaning of stress!!

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
We'll just have to agree to differ then! What gets my back up is fine by you and vice versa!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If people want to leave early then that is their perogative. However, it does weaken their argument about the players having a lack of commitment and heart when dozens of fans nip off early, showing exactly the same lack of heart in the team. Having paid so much for transport and the match ticket, you might as well get the full miserable 90 minute lack of value.

It was noticeable that only Cullip really wanted to applaud the fans at the end of the match, many of the other players had to be cajoled into coming across to us.

It was depressing to watch the performance, but I cannot recall the Albion faithful being so quiet at an away game. The only good chant was " We're going to win 4-3 " after McPhee scored.

To those of you that did leave early, you missed a 60 yard dribble by Guy Butters in the 89th minute from his own box that set up a chance to make it 3-2.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
What is it with teams inred and white stripes ..we always seem to perform poorly against them !!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
ditchy said:
What is it with teams inred and white stripes ..we always seem to perform poorly against them !!

Lol

I said that to someone when we started singing Glory glory Brighton & Hove Albion - finishing with the lines 'and the stripes go marching on on on'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here