Away Support

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I've just been browsing on another forum and Plymouth have sold all their ticket allocation for QPR away which is 3000. They are boasting what fantastic support they have and always travel in large numbers. I know are support is great but with recent form will it drop?? Will we match this in Jan when we play them. What do you think???

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
They won't be very happy with our allocation then! It depends how we're doing, I guess. There are unfortunately too many people who only go when we're doing well. The fact that it's not too far will probably lure some though.

AWimps

Nov 8, 2003

Think that 412 was quite a low turn-out from you. Ok I guess you will all come on here and say why go to watch a crap third division team play at a poor ground. None of this was true though. We play some nice football and the Bank is better than quite a few second div grounds. I know its a long way to travel but you have brought many more in the past, were you sensing a hard/rough game?

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yeah we should fill it and will be very surprised if we don't!
Its the same at a lot of clubs when it comes to how well you are doing.:)

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yeah we should fill it and will be very surprised if we don't!
Its the same at a lot of clubs when it comes to how well you are doing.:)

AWimps

Nov 8, 2003

Think that 412 was quite a low turn-out from you. Ok I guess you will all come on here and say why go to watch a crap third division team play at a poor ground. None of this was true though. We play some nice football and the Bank is better than quite a few second div grounds. I know its a long way to travel but you have brought many more in the past, were you sensing a hard/rough game?

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Re: reply

AWimps said:
Yeah was a low one,but there has been a lot of long distance games of late.:smokin:

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
I agree. I was very disappointed at the low number who travelled. I accept that, for reasons of distance and on financial grounds, some probably probably didn't go. However, there are always those who pick and choose the matches they attend and the lure of a match against a third division team is not as great to them. I, hoever, don't subscribe to that view. Watching my team is the important factor, not who the opposition is. All credit to your support - it was excellent! Good luck against Southend or Canvey island. We don't have very good memories against the latter!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Lincoln is an awkward place to get to for many fans (the A1 is not the best road)

It was a Cup game and we were away from home last week at Peterborough.

Up until Friday it was all ticket.

A combination of things really.

I enjoyed going there (not the game obviously)

QPR away (twice Dec & Jan) will be much easier for most

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I thought the Lincoln support was excellent. Given that 1725 went to 'Boro the previous weekend it was a surprise that only a quarter of that sum went to Lincoln. They played us off the park and sang us to shame, it's a long time since that happened at an away ground

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I couldn't hear Brighton fans singing much on the radio cos of Lincoln's drummer!! I could not go cos of a family birthday otherwise I prob would have gone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports