Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away shirts...explosion in a paint factory

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The real bad guys here are not the fans for wearing this multitude of colours, its the bloody club for selecting a different away colour every time. I'd much rather we stuck to Blue & White stripes (home) & yellow or white as our away kit and just change the design of it every two years (like many solid 'proper' clubs do) instead of making our stands look full of children's TV presenters or Bucks Fizz fans

How many 'solid proper' clubs do that nowaways though ? Like it or not, replica shirts are a massive part of clubs revenues these days. The home shirt should always stay roughly the same obviously, but with away shirts the club has a bit of licence to chop and change the colours around every couple of years, and I have no issue with that.

I quite like this new yellow jobbie as it happens. I'm glad the red and black has been binned off, thought that looked VERY cheap and nasty, especially when it was with the white shorts.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
On Friday night amongst people wearing various home shirts of the last 10 years I saw a large proportion of people wearing the following Albion away shirts:

- fluorescent yellow
- pinky red
- black and red stripes
- black and green stripes
- yellow with black trimming
- orange and black

And there were probably more that I've forgotten.

Frankly this looks shambolic; the crowd resembled an explosion in a paint factory. Wear your old away shirts in bed and stick with the programme.

Agree with you 100%. The away shirts are recognisable by some in the season when they are worn, but in subsequent seasons they are completely meaningless. Waste of money and look awful.

WE ARE A BLUE AND WHITE TEAM.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
You're such a bunch of miserable old twats!! You're never happy unless you can concoct something to moan about or criticise...the colours are bright, vibrant and fun. Think yourself lucky our team aren't forced to play in some of the truly dull, revolting kits out there(Leeds?) No one is asking you to wear one, so don't bitch and whine about those with a happier, more enthusiastic, supportive demeanour than yourself! People can wear whatever the hell they like, and its none of your business. Not everyone can make away games on a frequent basis, and when they spend £45 on a shirt, they want to wear it. Perhaps they make it their aim to support their club by buying a new shirt annually, and already have bought the latest home kit in the previous year?! (Which hasn't changed!) .....I suppose you continue to wear the same old shirt from 1982, and justify not buying a new shirt and supporting your club because it's blue?! You're a true fan! You think the team don't recognise their own kit?! You think the team see flashes of away colours in the crowd and are in sensed or distracted by anything that isn't blue?! Ridiculous! [emoji38]

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
If there was a comp for "the scruffiest fans" then we'd come top by a country mile....Maybe having these middle aged scruff pots wearing replica shirts isn't a bad thing going by the embarrassingly unwashed tramps we have as fans...shocking.

That sir, is the funniest post I've seen on NSC. Brilliant.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
You're such a bunch of miserable old twats!! You're never happy unless you can concoct something to moan about or criticise...the colours are bright, vibrant and fun. Think yourself lucky our team aren't forced to play in some of the truly dull, revolting kits out there(Leeds?) No one is asking you to wear one, so don't bitch and whine about those with a happier, more enthusiastic, supportive demeanour than yourself! People can wear whatever the hell they like, and its none of your business. Not everyone can make away games on a frequent basis, and when they spend £45 on a shirt, they want to wear it. Perhaps they make it their aim to support their club by buying a new shirt annually, and already have bought the latest home kit in the previous year?! (Which hasn't changed!) .....I suppose you continue to wear the same old shirt from 1982, and justify not buying a new shirt and supporting your club because it's blue?! You're a true fan! You think the team don't recognise their own kit?! You think the team see flashes of away colours in the crowd and are in sensed or distracted by anything that isn't blue?! Ridiculous! [emoji38]

Hear Hear! :clap2: :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Splendid, splendid ranting skills. Well said :clap2:

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013

Mr ChickenBaltiPie you are obviously the sensible voice of reason amongst all the miserable old twats on NSC. Oh hang on a minute; wasn't it you who posted the following on the subject of bringing new fans to the club:

"after having three very loud, 'challenged' women behind me rabbit on constantly for 90mins about every available subject under the sun, except the football at break neck speed, i am against this idea, i think we should charge them £50, thank you"

So, no new fans but existing ones should dress like a packet of Opal Fruits.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Just wear what the f**k you want. We have some smart fans, some not so. What you CHOOSE to wear is up to you, and should not affect anyone else unless the hygiene & cleanliness levels are below par.
Your CHOICE might restrict things such as places you might be able to frequent pre/post match but I am sure that is factored in at wardrobe door closing time.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Mr ChickenBaltiPie you are obviously the sensible voice of reason amongst all the miserable old twats on NSC. Oh hang on a minute; wasn't it you who posted the following on the subject of bringing new fans to the club:

"after having three very loud, 'challenged' women behind me rabbit on constantly for 90mins about every available subject under the sun, except the football at break neck speed, i am against this idea, i think we should charge them £50, thank you"

Starburst.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014

Haha irony is beyond you isn't it...you actually searched my post history?! That smacks of desperation.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
89/90 was a good one red flecky patterns with NOBO on it, so good i gave it to my Gothy bird to wear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here