Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Away Match Season Tickets

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
On the train home last night I was chatting to a couple of West Ham fans. So after discussing all aspects of the match, good and bad, the talk came round to how our respective clubs deal with the demand for match tickets and subsequent procedures.

I stated that we have a loyalty points system in place to be implemented when there is a high demand, i.e. for cup games and away fixtures. One of the West Ham boys then said that he had a season ticket for all away fixtures, on top of his home season ticket.

He went on to explain that a total of 700 season tickets were sold each season to willing fans thus enabling them to have a guaranteed seat at every away fixture. (Delete* if you think this is all bullshit). The remaining allocation would then be sold on an ad hoc basis, presumably, first come first served basis.

Personally I prefer the Albion loyalty points system as it rewards those fans who are the most committed, but do you think that the club should introduce an away ticket system similar to that of West Ham?

Some clubs have similar and most tickets end up getting resold as people will keep renewing just so that they can do the big games which they actually want to attend, knowing full well that they wouldn't be able to guarantee getting a ticket without being enrolled in the scheme. (may be more around home games for this but something somewhere rings a bell about aways too but can't remember who) but it does open up this loophole which may get exploited in the same way (if there is an away scheme too) - and i recall that one club did an audit on members and found that some of the renewals were fore people who had died years earlier and that others (Family / friends of the deceased) were keeping the membership going so that they could get the tickets to the games they wanted)

It may have already been mentioned but if we introduced this, what if someone gets one of these and already knows that they will miss 1 or 2 fixtures due to previously made commitments (especially as TV and re-arrangement of fixtures can impact on whether someone makes it or not) - as tickets are supposedly non transferable, do they go to waste or do they get passed to someone who may not have had the loyalty points to get themselves a ticket, jumping the queue (presumably they can't discount away tickets like they would with home tickets as prices are set by the away side)

It's a bad idea imo, and i think that they current system works (provided that, next season, i will finally be on the right side of the Bournemouth away 1st tier points limit after missing out by less than 5 points and therefore missing out completely for 2 seasons running) - However, maybe bring in less of a gap between levels for games like Bournemouth which will always sell out as it was such a massive drop down for the minimum points needed to be in the 2nd tier after such a high total for the top tier.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
My mate said his Liverpool Season Ticket is home, away and .... wait for it .... Champions League. All tickets have respective cup games added too.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Liverpool, Southampton, Man City, Newcastle, Everton, Cardiff, Burnley all went on general sale or at least to members I believe.

Last season it was but not this season. Plenty of opportunity to get tickets for games north of London.

Man Utd also went on general sale.

As RS states, note where all the games are that go to members/general sale. All a long way from Brighton. No chance with London games. Also add Liverpool and Huddersfield to the list as members we got tickets for them as well.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Should do a big match home and away ticket so you don’t have to bother with tin pot matches like Burnley and Huddersfield

You won't have too, for much longer.

el punal

My mate said his Liverpool Season Ticket is home, away and .... wait for it .... Champions League. All tickets have respective cup games added too.

I’m not so sure about that. I went on the official Liverpool club site and it doesn’t state anything other than a guaranteed seat for home PL games, and auto-cup procedure for European and domestic cup games. Similar to us I think they have a pecking order for applying for big non-PL fixtures and away fixtures. Certainly no mention of your season ticket covering anything other than home PL fixtures.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I’m not so sure about that. I went on the official Liverpool club site and it doesn’t state anything other than a guaranteed seat for home PL games, and auto-cup procedure for European and domestic cup games. Similar to us I think they have a pecking order for applying for big non-PL fixtures and away fixtures. Certainly no mention of your season ticket covering anything other than home PL fixtures.

OK, in the year of Istanbul(?) he was auto issued home and away Champions League games?

I go to every away game have done for years. When the club previously offered the Away Season Ticket scheme (level) I declined as it only works if you and all your mates are members so get tickets together. If not you'd be on a limb with all the other ever presents, but not necessarily with your mates.

I like the fact now we have the loyalty scheme and have improved on this as we can go in and select where we want to go in the stand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here