Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

away fans

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Apologies, please don't take "small town club" the wrong way... I would describe us the same way. Brighton isn't a huge city and we draw support from the whole of Sussex in the same way you have Derbyshire behind you. It was merely a reference to the difference between a club with local passionate support and a mega-brand of armchair supporters who couldn't find their stadium on a map if they tried.

I do stand by the rest of the post though. Millwall last season was the only game where I have seen as much hatred for fellow football fans, being openly displayed, that I have seen outside the Amex since we moved in.

Frankly, I think half those in the North Stand last night needed a map to find their way to the Amex (a huge number were using paper tickets and having trouble with the turnstiles), and I was struck by the number of empty seats in WSU (though I thought our singing was much better than normal). The Derby fans, as others have said, were excellent. Seeing as I am in the North Stand and leave straight for the queue for the train to Lewes after night games, I don't normally get the away fans coming past me. I therefore didn't see most of the Derby fans, but the ones I met in the train queue were top blokes, very knowledgeable about their football and very complimentary about the Amex. I think in a big away crowd, you will always get more of their "lads", who cannot normally afford to come down, doing so. Actually, the worst homophobia I have ever experienced was at Norwich in Poyet's first season.

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
We found the Derby fans very friendly,they were happy to be searched at turnstiles and in the concourse and stands they were very friendly,complemented Brighton on the look of the ground and were quite happy to chat to my stewards about Brighton as a city and general footy talk,when asked to clear the aisle they were apologetic and very compliant,the friendliest fans we've dealt with in a long time.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Their fans rocked and looked very impressive when the all bounced around - good turn out but let's give them a good display Sunday

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
To be fair,the atmosphere at the Amex is always pretty drab and boring, Albion Albion, we hate palace, yawnnnnn sung by a few hundred in the north, who think it sounds like the Kop, derby well supported last night, take a leaf from their book comes to mind

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Albion at home - away fans sing as one; home fans in competing factions.

Albion away - same 'rival' factions in our support.

How do we fix this and sing as one, home and away?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Would like to apologise for the (I'm guessing here) 18 year old, stone island wearing, wannabe hooligans. Every club has them so no excuses but regardless of some of the petty comments on here, regarding Derby as a place to live etc... I still would like the winner of this semi to go up ahead of money bags and poorly supported clubs in the other semi. Hopefully that's us but if it is you I won't hold a grudge.

Agreed, likewise.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Blimey there's some rewriting of history going on here. We were right next to the Derby fans in the South, and apart from one or two bursts in the second half they weren't that vocal second half. For the record, the North sounded decent from the South. Us in the SWC did our bit, only prob was that by the second half many voices were shot from our first half efforts. Great effort from the West to get things going second half.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Absurd comment. They were singing very loudly for most of the game. Decent bunch of fans too, supporting their team with real passion, and no hint of trouble.

As usual, people in the North Stand get an exaggerated impression of their own noise while hearing very little of their opponents'.

HA HA HA HA HA
I know lets start a Derby Love In like the Palarse one.
**** me sideways ha ha ha ha Ooooohhh we love the opponents fans they were great !!!
Lets clap them and congratulate for every fart they do !! :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Yeh they were good but so were we - altho it lulled a bit 2nd half tbf. No need to slag off our support - for a big stadium we make good noise.

Where in the ground do you sit out of interest?

I sit in the lower west approx on goal-line adj to exit.
With regard to our support I'm afraid that in general this season I think it has been poor noise wise and I know all the arguments - all-seater stadium, ‘singers‘ not all grouped together, lots of new fans etc etc BUT I'm afraid I do expect more! Maybe as an ex North-stander in its hey-day I'm living in the past but I wanna see a bit more passion from our home crowd!

cyberleech

May 21, 2013
Agree. Paying palace far too much attention.

From Casablanca :

"You despise me , don't you Rick?"
Rick: "we'll, if I gave you any thought I probably would"

southstandSam

May 5, 2014
I hope you Brighton fans are in fine voice tomorrow as the away fans are right next to where i sit lol the game is a sell out and i can promise you one hell of an atmosphere Roar until raw you Seagulls and wave to me please !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here