Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

away fans

Ramalanadingdong

May 6, 2014
Apologies, please don't take "small town club" the wrong way... I would describe us the same way. Brighton isn't a huge city and we draw support from the whole of Sussex in the same way you have Derbyshire behind you. It was merely a reference to the difference between a club with local passionate support and a mega-brand of armchair supporters who couldn't find their stadium on a map if they tried.

I do stand by the rest of the post though. Millwall last season was the only game where I have seen as much hatred for fellow football fans, being openly displayed, that I have seen outside the Amex since we moved in.

Hey no need to apologize and see what you mean now.Gotta say I'm impressed with Brighton as a club with it's stadium and fanbase,and that's what I mean regarding being good for the Prem if either of us go up .. The south coast and EM are under represented their whilst London and the North West dominate.

Again this abuse you refer to is embarrassing and pretty dumb.Football will eventually have to tackle it just like it is doing with race issues ect..

southstandSam

May 5, 2014
The Derby fans cheered their luck and an own goal as if they'd achieved something, but they were far to smug, because they haven't done anything yet. Reminds me of last year's second leg...

Only consolation is that they have to go home and live in the dump which is Derby, so I suppose we shouldn't begrudge them a day off.

Hahaha this reply really did make me chuckle !!

I was at the game last night in the away end supporting that shit team with shit fans who have now beaten you 3 times this season and i have to say your fans were so quiet i thought you had gone home ...... well most did with 20 minutes to go hahahah.

See you at the Ipro when it will be 4 wins to 0 this season :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
B0ll0cks were they 'average' - they had great support and made our home support sound shyte!
A touch of humility and respect never goes amiss!

Yeh they were good but so were we - altho it lulled a bit 2nd half tbf. No need to slag off our support - for a big stadium we make good noise.

Where in the ground do you sit out of interest?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

I was at the game last night in the away end supporting that shit team with shit fans who have now beaten you 3 times this season and i have to say your fans were so quiet i thought you had gone home ...... well most did with 20 minutes to go hahahah.

I hope this arrogance rubs off on your team. 1 goal is a slender lead with 90 minutes to play.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost

I think I'd rather be silent than chant some of the crap you lot did, jesus. Mundane generic crap, do you guys have a chant that's specific to your club and is original?

3 times, yes, last night you got lucky. Your boys couldn't convert, could they?
And iPro? You no longer call it Pride Park? You'd think long term fans would be calling it its original name, or did you just recently discover your local team's in the play-offs, so you can watch your beloved Chelsea at Derby one day?

:tosser:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Thought it was a good atmosphere all round yesterday, home and away support

Buzzing rather than noisy. Not been like that for so long I can only just remember. Derby fans contributed.

http://dcfcfans.co.uk/topic/14644-away-at-the-amex-–-your-feedback-please/

Fair assessment of the Amex

Stadium 9/10
Atmosphere 9/10
Catering 1/10 (somebody actually tried eating the pastry on the pies?)
Transport Minus 3/10

Homophobic chanting which I didn't hear. Not remotely phased. It just makes the person seem very stupid.

I don't one or two of their fans (with too drink inside them) would behave that way at Millwall. Waiting for the trains subdued them a bit.

Last edited:

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
The Derby fans cheered their luck and an own goal as if they'd achieved something, but they were far to smug, because they haven't done anything yet. Reminds me of last year's second leg...

Only consolation is that they have to go home and live in the dump which is Derby, so I suppose we shouldn't begrudge them a day off.

Brilliant, did you think that all up by yourself? I take it you've never been to Derbyshire? Or is it that you're just one of those people who think Brighton is some sort of coastal paradise?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
People expect 27 000 people to be magically transported away in 15 minutes don't they. The one time I drove to Pride park I was sat in my car with the handbrake on for about an hour!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

You going to be banging that tinpot drum again

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Brilliant, did you think that all up by yourself? I take it you've never been to Derbyshire? Or is it that you're just one of those people who think Brighton is some sort of coastal paradise?

Agree. Can't stand it when 'fans' come on here slagging off other fans and parts of the country (Palace, Millwall and South London/Surrey excepted).

Again, the Derby fans I met were all good to chat with, witty, even pretty self effacing as standards go.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Agree. Can't stand it when 'fans' come on here slagging off other fans and parts of the country (Palace, Millwall and South London/Surrey excepted).

Again, the Derby fans I met were all good to chat with, witty, even pretty self effacing as standards go.

People from Derby are generally pretty laid back, to the point of apathy sometimes....

Regarding your first point, I couldn't agree more - I really struggle to think of a town or city in this country that doesn't have something to offer, doesn't have a story to tell. People should get about more.

That said, we me and the other half spent a night at the holiday inn Telford as part of a bit of a north west tour, that was a bit of a struggle but I'm sure someone can point me in the right direction!

Ramalanadingdong

May 6, 2014

We have the peak district... you south coasters should get yourselves ooop here for a holiday .. it's beautiful. x

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

I am quite happy to give you the first 3. Only fair we win the 4th, then we will all be happy? yeah? :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here