Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Away fans in the home stands

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
We had some Palace Ultras near us last season.

Palace.jpg

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Found and outed two Chelski bandits in N1B of the North Stand when we scored our third goal.
I was waiting in the exit aisle just to see if our attack would amount to anything and when it did everyone in that block erupted in jubilation except for a father and daughter (20 years) continued to sit down with their heads in their hands. I did ask them why they weren't celebrating and then couldn't give an answer back.
Fair play they stayed until around 80 mins to endure that hell!

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Whilst not a fan of away fans in the home stands at the Amex, it's the only way I get to watch the Albion away. I can't get away tickets for the games I want to go to, so sit smuggly in the home end and enjoy the locals whinge about how poor they've played and how we've deserved our point/three points. It does mean I can't bounce around when we score.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Chap sat next to the couple I sit next to (we are all STHs) stayed seated for all 4 of our goals ... he had to be Chelsea but as others have suggested, no doubt he lives locally and has a membership so he can get a ticket to see his team!! He showed no emotion all game ... even when Chelsea scored their consolation goal.

I had a West Ham fan sat next to me a few years back. I called him out at HT ... in a nice way ... he hadn't realised his very small little gestures with his hands had given himself away to me! :ROFLMAO: He was originally from around Upton Park area and used to he a STH but had moved to Worthing years ago. He was as good as gold and we had a nice little chat. It happens and nothing that can be done about it really. Providing they behave themselves I don't see a big issue. Many of us have done it the other way around!

Greenbag50

Jun 1, 2016
2 youngsters (late teens) in front of us in North upper. Asked them why he didn’t get tickets in away end. Those seats normally sold to home fans. Really rubbed his nose in it first half. They moved to 2 other seats second half. Stewards no idea… not good

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I’ve done it the other way around twice - first time ironically at Chelsea then at West Ham. I wouldn’t bother again. There’s no fun in it at all but also there are internet streams now so what’s the point.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
2 youngsters (late teens) in front of us in North upper. Asked them why he didn’t get tickets in away end. Those seats normally sold to home fans. Really rubbed his nose in it first half. They moved to 2 other seats second half. Stewards no idea… not good
Hurray, the NS finally has an upper tier.

Thank you so much Tony Bloom :bowdown::ascarf:

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Bizarrely, Saturday was the second home game (Forest the other) where there wasn't any clear indication of away fans sitting around us in the WSU.

albionant

Aug 29, 2007
Absolutely no Chelsea anywhere near us in WSU :shrug:

It does happen though. Look at Spurs' last minute winner at Muff. There's a bloke in the home end going absolutely bananas with his celebration!
Three Infront of us left at half time, once they were 'uncovered'. Most of us have done the same, but maybe a match this tense wasn't the right occasion to do so

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I know @Lokki 7 , formerly of this parish, had some sort of altercation with a Chelsea fan in the WSU which didn't end amicably with the Chelsea fan asked to leave.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Three Infront of us left at half time, once they were 'uncovered'. Most of us have done the same, but maybe a match this tense wasn't the right occasion to do so
Yeah, good point. Not far off having Palace fans in with you.

It obviously happens - I remember two Man U fans on our row during the 4-0 were sussed out early on and just disappeared because they were getting a really hard time but not in a violent way. More like "cracking goal that, eh mate? United look shit" etc.

As you say many Brighton have done it too. One of NSC's finest used to post about going in the home end with his Watford mate at Vicarage Rd.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Three 20ish year old Chelsea lads next to me three rows behind GP in the best seats I’ve ever had. They might have been a bit scared as I was a raving, frothing lunatic towards everything Chelsea during the 110 minutes that they had the misfortune of sitting next to me for. Silence all game and left sheepishly, I hope their tickets didn’t cost too much.

:lolol:

The American couple behind me were funny, didn’t have a clue about anything (asked how long the game was). I asked the chap if his name was Todd, it wasn’t he was Charles apparently. Anyway they‘d been to watch Barcelona the previous month but said our game (and atmosphere) was much more exciting which was good to hear. Just a shame that those tickets weren’t in the hands of proper Brighton fans, but there you go.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Having attended plenty of London away games, in the home stands over the years, I won't judge too heavily.
It looked like the Stewards were getting rid of one(?) from the North stand., midway through the first half.

A few years back, I got very irritated by an Arsenal fan in with us at the Emirates, who celebrated loudly when they went 1 up.
There may have been some tousling of his hair when we were awarded our penalty and again when Murray slotted it.

If you're in the wrong stand - keep your gob shut.
It's simple enough.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Absolutely no Chelsea anywhere near us in WSU :shrug:

It does happen though. Look at Spurs' last minute winner at Muff. There's a bloke in the home end going absolutely bananas with his celebration!
Two infront of us in WSU, they stayed to the end and muffled a celebration for Havertz goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here