[Albion] Away atmosphere

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Made it just as it kicked off. Atmosphere from us was flat. No criticism of anyone who was there. The stress of cutting very fine (l am normally at games a lot earlier) I really didn’t feel it at all even when we scored it just felt like a matter of time before they scored as well. I don’t think RDZ is not helping my mood to be honest. No Criticism of the players either, Liverpool deserved to win they are top of the league for a reason. Their fans are the biggest bunch of wingers ever I have ever witnessed, though.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Very flat and quiet atmosphere in the away end this afternoon. Even when we scored and were keeping the ball, no one was singing songs. Can only recall the Jakob Moder song sang in the first half.
Didn’t even hear the ‘Super Rob De Zerbi’ song either. Maybe us fans have lost a bit of love for him after yesterday out-lash?!

PascalGroß Tips

Jan 29, 2024
Four Liverpool fans in front of me today, stewards did nothing to get them out, despite actively cheering Liverpool goals. Don’t understand how people are getting banned for 10 games for passing on tickets, yet people are still managing to pass them on. I can guess exactly what happened they’ll be a 1901 member who can reallocate their tickets. Don’t worry I told him to F off, and told them I’m there every week, it’s not right that people are being penalised for passing on tickets, when people are actively giving them to opposition supporters. It isn’t right. They actively said they were Liverpool fans, then said they were ‘neutrals’ when they crowd turned on them.
Think I saw you ‘having a word’ with one of the chaps at end of first half. It’s definitely not right.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
It was probably poor because half the away crowd were only really there to harvest points for the Europa cup away games….

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Four Liverpool fans in front of me today, stewards did nothing to get them out, despite actively cheering Liverpool goals. Don’t understand how people are getting banned for 10 games for passing on tickets, yet people are still managing to pass them on. I can guess exactly what happened they’ll be a 1901 member who can reallocate their tickets. Don’t worry I told him to F off, and told them I’m there every week, it’s not right that people are being penalised for passing on tickets, when people are actively giving them to opposition supporters. It isn’t right. They actively said they were Liverpool fans, then said they were ‘neutrals’ when they crowd turned on them.
The 1901 rule is a disgrace when this is the result!!

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
I was a few rows behind you I saw you getting a bit animated

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Have to be honest, I've felt our away support has been quieter for quite a while now. No blame or accusation but it hasn't felt like quite the same intensity for the last year or two. Can't quite put my finger on why.

A left field theory, please no one shoot me down, I wonder if it was more vociferous when we had a winning team bossing the PL? April 22 to Sept 23.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If you watch Mount’s :lolol:winner:lolol: at Brentford yesterday, a load of Manure supporters make themselves known celebrating throughout the home end section. I was surprised because Brentford have such as a low capacity, I thought home tickets would be a prized asset for home supporters. Black market money talks.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
If you watch Mount’s :lolol:winner:lolol: at Brentford yesterday, a load of Manure supporters make themselves known celebrating throughout the home end section. I was surprised because Brentford have such as a low capacity, I thought home tickets would be a prized asset for home supporters. Black market money talks.
I think that’s the problem, people just sell tickets on the black market for hundreds for someone’s first trip to Anfield. Shouldn’t happen really.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think that’s the problem, people just sell tickets on the black market for hundreds for someone’s first trip to Anfield. Shouldn’t happen really.

I’d be worried to do it. #BarberOut metes out long bans for ticketing breaches.

Did the people you aggressively challenged have Lancs or southern accents btw? The reason I ask is that I personally know large numbers of Arse, Spurs and Pool fans who are Albion members, even Newcastle fans along our road, just for the one Amex game per season. If southern accents, did our 3,000 allocation today go to members in the end?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports