Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Away atmosphere

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Didn’t hear us at all today. Normally we’re one of the best away fans for singing and atmosphere, though it has been going downhill a bit this season.

Those who went - was this just the telly & it was ok in the ground?

Anyone else think the same from telly / radio?

If it was quieter was the lack of trains / booze to blame, are points harvesters killing the vibe, something else?

Genuine questions. I know it reads like I’m digging out people who paid a lot of money and went to the game, unlike me, but there were lots of times you could hear the proverbial pin drop on the telly and wondered if it was a microphone placement thing?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
When I went to anfield 2 seasons ago I’d say a quarter of our end was ‘undercover’ Liverpool fans. Guy in front of me held up a scarf to join in with YNWA… imagine that plays a big factor these days.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Didn’t hear us at all today. Normally we’re one of the best away fans for singing and atmosphere, though it has been going downhill a bit this season.

Those who went - was this just the telly & it was ok in the ground?

Anyone else think the same from telly / radio?

If it was quieter was the lack of trains / booze to blame, are points harvesters killing the vibe, something else?

Genuine questions. I know it reads like I’m digging out people who paid a lot of money and went to the game, unlike me, but there were lots of times you could hear the proverbial pin drop on the telly and wondered if it was a microphone placement thing?
Odd, heard us a fair bit on the TV :shrug:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Very quiet on tv today. Even the very few chants which came through were quiet. Maybe the removal of the roof from the away end at Anfield has made a difference.

Also of the very few chants which came through on tv, none of them at all were for De Zerbi

ClemFandango

Oct 2, 2023
Was at the game, can confirm it was pretty quiet, lots of people getting frustrated by de Zerbi refusing to throw any subs on. Lamptey should have come off a lot sooner. And then eventually sticking Lallana on in place of Moder didn’t go down well

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
When I went to anfield 2 seasons ago I’d say a quarter of our end was ‘undercover’ Liverpool fans. Guy in front of me held up a scarf to join in with YNWA… imagine that plays a big factor these days.
Blue and white, obviously.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Sorry, but I simply don’t think that’s true. You’re saying that 1000 of our away fans were Liverpool fans? That’s very wild.

Atmosphere from us not amazing but entirely understandable after the Lord mayors show of Europe and we were under pressure a lot of the game. It was okay tho, a solid B from me - we matched the team

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Have to be honest, I've felt our away support has been quieter for quite a while now. No blame or accusation but it hasn't felt like quite the same intensity for the last year or two. Can't quite put my finger on why.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Come to think of it, when I went to Anfield 2 seasons ago, I didn't see even ONE Liverpool fan in our bit. Strange to think otherwise really?

Was at the game, can confirm it was pretty quiet, lots of people getting frustrated by de Zerbi refusing to throw any subs on. Lamptey should have come off a lot sooner. And then eventually sticking Lallana on in place of Moder didn’t go down well
I didn't notice any anti Lallana stuff, thought he was good when he came on. Agree RDZ should have freshened up before Salah goal, was having the odd whinge about that

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Four Liverpool fans in front of me today, stewards did nothing to get them out, despite actively cheering Liverpool goals. Don’t understand how people are getting banned for 10 games for passing on tickets, yet people are still managing to pass them on. I can guess exactly what happened they’ll be a 1901 member who can reallocate their tickets. Don’t worry I told him to F off, and told them I’m there every week, it’s not right that people are being penalised for passing on tickets, when people are actively giving them to opposition supporters. It isn’t right. They actively said they were Liverpool fans, then said they were ‘neutrals’ when they crowd turned on them.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
It was quiet at the game, yes. When a chant did arise it was quite dispersed as though the committed singers were all over the place and couldn’t crank up the momentum to draw in the occasional singers.

Other possible explanations — with the train problems perhaps an unusually high proportion of attendees were driving, reducing the amount of collective alcohol consumed. Also, Anfield can be pretty overwhelming at the best of times. After YNWA, there’s a sense of "what’s the point?!" Plus the general pessimism in the air. Out of Europe, struggling to put together a decent run of results, uncertainty over De Zerbi etc. Everyone I spoke to, at the game and at home, assumed Brighton would lose today which didn’t help much. Even after the early goal I think we all felt it wouldn’t last.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here