Away at Stoke

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Chances of being on tv 0.
Chances of getting through, very slim.
Chances of picking up injuries, middle/good.
Quite possibly the worst draw we could have got.
I feel very deflated at the moment.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ankergren will be flapping at all those long throws. :(

Should be Brez, thank goodness I have a decent excuse not to go now postpone the Plymouth game please.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
A good draw for us really as gives us chance against Premiership opposition which we deserve and really if we perform its a very winnable game.
I went to Stoke away game a few years back i remember was a great day out but we lost i think 2-0 and got home about 3am.
debating going to this one as well

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Am i the only one pleased with this? I was fully expecting a trip to Orient or Wednesday, or a home tie against Burnley. I know its not Chelsea or Arsenal, but its a new ground for me, reasonable distance, and has the makings of a great away day

You've clearly never been to stoke!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Looking forward to this game; been impressed with you guys this season and will give us a good game; also glad my predicition at the start of the season of you getting promoted looks to be happening (touch wood), gorgeous ground your going move into looks a good future for you guys; but I think some comments in this thread are quite pathetic (hoofball etc) might not be Brazil but we dont plan to be we're direct yes but we play it aswell...good balanced mix you'll see (although by looks of it alot of you wont!) when you play us.

Mate everyone knows you play rank long ball and spend all training sessions on set pieces.You are the worse by far to watch on the box. It 's a shite draw for us.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
.... and don't forget, if we get anywhere near a result the neandathals will be giving it large as they like to do in that City.... can't wait..... :glare::glare:, what is funny though is they are a bit put out that we are not in awe of this draw,... hee hee, if you read their thread we should be bowing down to the prem 'giants' and be grateful for the draw,..... I will repeat for the next Potter who sticks his nose into this forum,... shit draw, thug fans, crap journey, windswept ground,..... any other team in that draw was a more attractive option.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Not the worst draw. Admittedly it's not United or Arsenal away but it's one of the few Premier League teams I would actually fancy our chances against. It will be a good test.

Let's be honest, we were all gutted when we were drawn against Watford - I would imagine the fourth round thread was fairly similar to this one - but we did OK there.

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
i'll hopefully be going.... we've beaten two championship teams.... now its time to move up a level and beat two prem teams :)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Its been too easy against championship teams this season so maybe we`ll get a game here. I think its an o.k. draw.

Homebird

Oct 26, 2010
Well I'm going. I should think we have a good chance of a win and then one of the big teams in the next round hopefully!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Clearly could have been a lot better but then again could have been a lot worse. Will be an interesting game - our passing game v their longer game.

Sep 1, 2010
Oh what a glorious place

stoke.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports