Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Award winning stadium!

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I don't see their point. What sort of person arrives at the Amex just before kick-off and realises that they don't have any cash? I was just trying to help them to be more organised. As Micky used to say, "failing to plan is planning to fail". You're welcome.

All sorts of people run out of cash. Perhaps the ATM machine they had previously visited had run out .Perhaps they thought they had more. Don't you ever get short of cash? An ATM machine would be handy but not essential.It is just another facility where you have a gathering the size of a town.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
My post was in reply to Rogero. He said that he doesn't turn up much before kick-off and needs an ATM. If you're not going to keep up I'm going. :)

Where did I say that? I arrive an hour and half before ko and have money on my card. I am just saying it would be handy for some people. Perhaps they need money for after the game to drown their sorrows.

Last edited:

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Not a serious concern more of a mystery - why aren't there any clocks in either the ESL concourse nor in the shop.

Seems very strange especially as the shop sells them!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There is a cash point at Brighton University, about 1 1/2 minutes' walk from the stadium, and several at Sussex University, about 4 minutes' walk from the stadium.

I see you're using your same 'special' use of measurements you use to say how easy it is to stroll breezily from the concourse following a leisurely pint straight on to a Brighton-bound train about 30 minutes after the final whistle following a midweek game. Bless. At least you're consistent. :moo:

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Whats with the bl**dy chain linked fence separating the 1901s now ,nearly came a cropper with me kerin bovril .

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I see you're using your same 'special' use of measurements you use to say how easy it is to stroll breezily from the concourse following a leisurely pint straight on to a Brighton-bound train about 30 minutes after the final whistle following a midweek game. Bless. At least you're consistent. :moo:

Bloody hell you're obsessed (and the platform was completely empty after 30 minutes yet again on Saturday).

The below aerial photograph identifies the nearest cash point to the stadium. It is free to use and VERY close.

View attachment 52272
It is 190 metres (0.1 mile) walk from the entrance to the north stand.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
How did are wonderful stadium get it so badly wrong on the concourse design? Mainly talking about the esu,it seems the tv's are located so those gathering around jam up the whole thing. Why not have the tv's facing the outside of the stadium so all those wanting to watch would be away from the kiosk/toilets etc,also no tvs at either end of the concourse where there is more room. Queueing rails at the kiosk would stop the blocking of the concourse,hand dryers could be placed away from the toilet entrance giving you a chance to dry your hands without getting stampeded??? Would be nice to have shutters that they could draw across the post match bar area making it slightly more cosy and cutting out those bitter winds. Simple things that would encourage a bigger spend even more people staying after ko. Some decent sized screens would be nice :blush: What about a few perch seats facing the screens?

What did the club have to say on these matters when you raised them? Were they quick to offer support or act on your reccomendations?

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Reflection of the lighting on the TVs is pretty irritating if we're making a list. Lampshades £10 homebase.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here