Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Award winning stadium!

Why would you want an ATM machine? Why would you want to put your card in and draw out cash to pay full price for food and drink, when you can have the amount added to your season ticket to get everything at a discount?

Because they removed the 10% cashback for half time and often don't get to the stadium much before k/o.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
When I sit in the East Stand, I often have to wear sunglasses on a sunny day between about 14:30 and 15:40, even though the pitch is in shade. I have had to commission an avant-garde optician to design some "50:50" glasses for me so that I am able to avoid the glaring rays of the sun whilst having a clear untinted view of the pitch. This has cost me hundreds of pounds. I'm wealthy enough to be able to absorb this cost, but I'm furious that this wasn't considered when this so-called stadium was "designed". In addition, the concrete stands leave chalky marks on my bag - not funny when you have an important business meeting straight after a match. Sort it out Barber....

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Because they removed the 10% cashback for half time and often don't get to the stadium much before k/o.

You can add to your card now while you are online.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It's more outrageous that the trains don't run into the actual stands. There should be one long 30,750 capacity train that comes onto the pitch, picks everyone up and takes them all home to their individual houses, within three minutes of the final whistle.
I'm not waiting three minutes! :angry:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
There is a cash point at Brighton University, about 1 1/2 minutes' walk from the stadium, and several at Sussex University, about 4 minutes' walk from the stadium.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
All joking aside - FWIW, a view from an Ipswich fan who runs the Naked Football Show, their equivalent of The Albion Roar...

"As usual, loved our trip to the Amex - great beers, great pies, great service. Clubs could learn a lot from your model. As for the result, we could have been buried before we scored, but that's footy for you, isn't it?..."

But then as a victor, he would say that, wouldn't he? :rant:

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Why would you want an ATM machine? Why would you want to put your card in and draw out cash to pay full price for food and drink, when you can have the amount added to your season ticket to get everything at a discount?

This is this point where you say to the others who have responded to you "yes, I see your point. I hadn't considered the issues you raise".

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Despite the OPs penchant for posting drivel, either as a joke or seriously, people will ignore, but he has made a good point or two. TVs facing towards the kiosks seems silly and will cause delays getting served, as people may possibly think that someone watching the screens is in the queue if there's no tangible gap. Could lose the club money.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Considering the gentrification of football these days I'm surprised there isn't a port and cheese concession, a couple of helipads and a sedan chair in which to transport the Tatty Faxman to his seat in case of a cider-induced snooze.

drop dead fred

Mar 8, 2011

Don't know if you have noticed but there is no discount at peak times anymore (or very little )??
Hence I never bother to put money on the card any more
I don't want to eat and drink at the stadium before 2pm and after 5pm thanks

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I'd like to know why the club isn't at the forefront of research into Star Trek-style transporter beams so that we can be teleported from our homes direct into our seats. Barber OUT!

You must be kidding - that will NEVER happen.

.....for a start it would take you inside the club shop. After that it would go by the program and lottery sellers and finally into the food and drink queue. You can find your own way to your seat!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I don't look at the screens at all so not an issue for me. However, the ESL concourse floors are a bit of a nightmare - turning into an ice rink with even the slightest bit of water on them...my boys have both gone arse over tit when walking through there this season.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
On a 30000 crowd only 20,000 are season ticket holders that could have money on. The rest are a ticket just for that game.That means everyone else needs cash. I wonder if everyone on here puts cash on their card .I doubt it.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
This is this point where you say to the others who have responded to you "yes, I see your point. I hadn't considered the issues you raise".

I don't see their point. What sort of person arrives at the Amex just before kick-off and realises that they don't have any cash? I was just trying to help them to be more organised. As Micky used to say, "failing to plan is planning to fail". You're welcome.

I don't see their point. What sort of person arrives at the Amex just before kick-off and realises that they don't have any cash? I was just trying to help them to be more organised. As Micky used to say, "failing to plan is planning to fail". You're welcome.

Who said anything about turning up without cash Doug, I didn't and neither did Thunderbolt.

I just can't be arsed to have cash sitting on my ST when I can use cash, at exactly the same price (no cashback at halftime)

So nobody has failed to plan, you just can't accept that you're wrong.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
My post was in reply to Rogero. He said that he doesn't turn up much before kick-off and needs an ATM. If you're not going to keep up I'm going. :)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Actually, considering the OP was a wind up and Doug is in to his usual one line dismissal of everything mode a couple of ATMs is actually a really good idea. Presumably if they got one of those ones that charges you about £1.80 to take your cash out

1) there would be a small revenue stream for the club
2) it would be a tax on the unprepared
3) there would be at least one binfest a week complaining about it on here

However, I suppose the club would much prefer money was topped up on ST cards so they can track purchases by user, much like Tesco clubcard, allowing them to tailor stock and promotions.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
There are ATM's at the universities.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here