Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Averaging 2 points per game

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
We've had a great start to the season, undoubtedly. However the fact is that we are averaging only 1.5 points a game over the last 8.
Talk of averaging 2 points a game is all well and good, but we will need to start winning games very soon, if we are to stay with the pack.

Some tough games coming up, so here's hoping we can get back to winning ways, sharpish.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Well that's obviously not certain is it.

Do you honestly think we are going to get top two with Hemed and Baldock? Hull have as solid a defence but their strikers will score more goals. Ditto Boro. Burnley have Gray, Derby will be in the mix.

Hughton has done great but he must be frustrated with the goal return from his front two. We'll be lucky to get 20 goals out of the pair of them and that won't be enough. I fancy Bloom will bring someone else in, it's just a question of when.

That said, we are incredibly hard to beat right now and for all that Vydra gives Reading they'd kill to have some of our defenders.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Funny on the radio when Warren said that winning all your home games and drawing away isn't enough, suggesting that you needed two points a game... I'm guessing his football talents meant he didn't need to know much maths.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Funny on the radio when Warren said that winning all your home games and drawing away isn't enough, suggesting that you needed two points a game
I think he read one of my posts and got confused. We can all sympathise there.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think psychologically this unbeaten run could be a drawback. It seems to give them the idea that not losing is satisfactory.

The only good thing about all these draws is that we are playing well in those matches but instead of really pushing for the winner in the last 15 minutes we are sitting back and saying''well a draw isn't a bad result. That in some instances is true but not if we are saying that as often to ourselves as we are at the moment then a draw isn't a good result at all

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I think psychologically this unbeaten run could be a drawback. It seems to give them the idea that not losing is satisfactory.

The only good thing about all these draws is that we are playing well in those matches but instead of really pushing for the winner in the last 15 minutes we are sitting back and saying''well a draw isn't a bad result. That in some instances is true but not if we are saying that as often to ourselves as we are at the moment then a draw isn't a good result at all

A draw away to Reading and Wednesday are not bad results, the draw at home to Preston was a bad result.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
A draw away to Reading and Wednesday are not bad results, the draw at home to Preston was a bad result.

Thats the point i was trying to make. When we start to accept the ones where a point is a good result as acceptable by not really pressing for the winner. It leaves us no margin for error in the ones where a draw is not a good result. We need to press for the winner in every match because there will be matches where we will drop points when we shouldn't do. Although all in all the performances are still of a good standard

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Thats the point i was trying to make. When we start to accept the ones where a point is a good result as acceptable by not really pressing for the winner. It leaves us no margin for error in the ones where a draw is not a good result. We need to press for the winner in every match because there will be matches where we will drop points when we shouldn't do. Although all in all the performances are still of a good standard
Yes, the draw v Preston really needs to be put right by a win at Burnley...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here