Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AVB

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Seems as if AVB cannot motivate the dressing room, similar to the problem he had at Chelsea.

He might be a good technical coach but does not seem to be an effective manager of men. Maybe the players have decided not to put in a shift for him? At Chelsea it seems a clique of senior players turned against him, maybe the Spurs players are doing the same. AVB doesn't seem the sort for having a blood on the carpets dressing room sort out, go toe to toe with underperformers, hurl tea cups around or doing a John Sitton.

Daniel Levy is a shrewd operator and looked deeply unimpressed tonight. They have spent big and rightly expects them to be competing strongly for a Champs Lge place. I suspect Spurs will be tempted to turn to a manager with a bit more of a football pedigree and the bearing to exert his authority over the players.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Levy's face said it all. I predict AVB will be sacked by midday tomorrow. The question is who he appoints as replacement. Swansea would make it hard to get Laudrup, there's Hiddink or Hoddle but I don't see them as long-term solutions.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Topped the table in their Europa League group, led them to the top 5 of the Premiership, got tonked by two sides who have the two most destructive strikers in the Premiership who have thrashed other sides this season. Panic move by Levy.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Tim Sherwood, Les Ferdinand and Chris Ramsey (Ex BHA?)in charge for the League Cup tie vs West Ham on Wednesday.

I had to check that out to make sure, and it is indeed Rambo, the former Albion right-back, who has been head of player development for the reserves and academy since 2004!!!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Norman Whiteside ended his career in the first 83 FA Cup final, he was an excellent up and coming player. Real shame what happened to him.

Whiteside didn't end Ramsey's career. He trod on his ankle but it was a series of knee injuries that hampered Ramsey the following season. Ramsey was never going to make it as a player. Although very strong, he was extremely reckless in his tackling and prone to unforced errors. His distribution mainly came in the form of a hoof forward. Kieran O'Regan was a better bet for right-back position.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Whiteside didn't end Ramsey's career. He trod on his ankle but it was a series of knee injuries that hampered Ramsey the following season. Ramsey was never going to make it as a player. Although very strong, he was extremely reckless in his tackling and prone to unforced errors. His distribution mainly came in the form of a hoof forward. Kieran O'Regan was a better bet for right-back position.

In 83 I probably wasn't old enough to able to judge him quality wise, but I felt he did a good job when he got into the team when we needed him, hoofing or not.

Whiteside ruled Ramsey out of the replay and we did miss him in that fixture. I was always under the impression that that was the career ending injury but it's good to know it wasn't the case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here