Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AVB

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Player of the Season so far, without a doubt. But Spurs would have lost today even without Suarez.

Player of the season without a doubt? He's certainly been outstanding in recent weeks, but Sergio Aguero and Yaya Toure have both been consistently excellent for City too and Aaron Ramsey has been very good for Arsenal. They all have their merits, but I think Aguero edges it for me as he was scoring goals in the first 6 weeks of the season too while Suarez was still banned.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Player of the season without a doubt? He's certainly been outstanding in recent weeks, but Sergio Aguero and Yaya Toure have both been consistently excellent for City too and Aaron Ramsey has been very good for Arsenal. They all have their merits, but I think Aguero edges it for me as he was scoring goals in the first 6 weeks of the season too while Suarez was still banned.

Ramsey and Aguero are 2nd and 3rd - Suarez is the best for me.

Aguero may well have had 6 weeks more playing time than Suarez, yet has scored less than Suarez.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Aguero may well have had 6 weeks more playing time than Suarez, yet has scored less than Suarez.

That's a bit of a red herring in some respects because Liverpool's system of play is built around Suarez, so he will score the majority of their goals. Aguero hasn't scored so many braces/hat-tricks/4-timers as Suarez but he's scored regularly and in a team where the system is geared more around sharing out the goals. The link-up and understanding between him and Negredo has been excellent and resulted in plenty of goals for Negredo too.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
That's a bit of a red herring in some respects because Liverpool's system of play is built around Suarez, so he will score the majority of their goals. Aguero hasn't scored so many braces/hat-tricks/4-timers as Suarez but he's scored regularly and in a team where the system is geared more around sharing out the goals. The link-up and understanding between him and Negredo has been excellent and resulted in plenty of goals for Negredo too.

May well be built around Suarez, but he is thriving regardless.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Leaving Suarez aside, the common denominator in Spurs losing 5-0 today and losing 6-0 at City a few weeks ago is that Vlad Chiriches played in neither game. He's been their best defender this season and he's a big loss to them when he doesn't play. You'd fancy your chances more against a centre back pairing of Dawson and Kaboul or Capoue than against Chiriches and Vertonghen.

Dandyman

In London village.
Scousers carrying out a mugging just in time for Christmas. You can't make it up.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

How many more goals would Suarez have scored if he had of played in the 5 games he missed due to suspension ? He was a brat and a cheat but I feel he has worked hard to rehabilitate himself this season. Kept his mouth shut and done it the right way where it matters. He has scored a hatful and yet has set up a lot of goals for team mates.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not 1 shot on target for Spurs at home, never happened before in the history of stats

I'd expect a bit more for a £100m.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I remember when Norwich finished third in the top flight with a negative goal difference (92/93 season).

I can think of another side that reached the play-offs for the top division, despite having a negative goal difference.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
AVB has ridden on Bales coat tails for long enough. This was his chance to show what kind of team he could build for £90 million...answer? A shit one.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
image.jpg
Gus has just turned up at AVB's house with some cans, a take away curry and a fishing rod

That sounds familiar

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here