Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Available Managers we need to be contacting on Monday morning

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Steve Clark and Brian McDermott are solid choices. McDermott has a reasonable track record in this division, he's a likable fellow and available. I wouldn't mind either of these two, but if push came to shove would probably go for McDermott.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Pullis would be the go-to man for me to turn it round quickly but sadly he is apparently on the radar of Leicester to replace the supremely unlikeable Pearson.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Does anyone actually think Bloom WILL replace Sami? After the recent Seagulls Over London event I'm in no doubt that he's sticking with him for the long run.

lets see if he is sticking with him in the 1st division and getting less the 12k at the Amex, I afraid its all about the money now

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I hate the phrase but I do think it is time for a "tried and tested" (note I didn't say English) manager. We've taken 3 punts on unknowns and had a decent return - one was absolutely outstanding, one is looking better and better as time goes on, and now one has turned out to be a dud. Think that's probably par for the course.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Absolutely, but I just fear our current hierarchy have a plan and it will not be deviated from.

this cannot happen
12k at the Amex and in the 1st division
I'v stuck up for Sami on here he is the archetypal scapegoat but for his sake he has to go.
sh** transfer policy
bad appointment in the first place
does anyone in the upper management know anything about football
nice stadium
great training facilities
and they will be the best in the lower divisions if they are not careful

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Pullis, McDermott, Clarke.
However, I would like to wait and see if TB takes a punt in the January TM and see if SH can turn things around. I still see us mid table by the end of the season whoever the manager is.
Mourinho would struggle with the crap squad we have at present. Bent? One month wonder. He won't score ten goals by the end of the season unfortunately, in the first team at least. We now have depth, but are just deeper in the shit.
Just another season wasted.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Brian McDermott for me. Available and been there and done it in The Championship.
The big question is will TB swallow his pride and admit that this time he's got it wrong and fire the hapless Hyypia before it's too late?
And equally important is the issue of how the club recruits new players. I'm old fashioned. I'd like to see the club let the manager choose which players he wants to bring in but worryingly that doesn't look very likely.
We've played 19 games now - nearly half the season. Carry on like this and we will go down. Derby away next week...
Hyppia has to go.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Brighton were right to stick with Sammi because it shows any prospective manger that we have a sensible and patient approach. It has not worked with Sammi and it is time to move on. McDermott would be my first choice by a country mile, if he is interested. He's got a very good record, as good as any Albion manager, is relatively young but experienced, has a good attitude and the type of personality that could fit into a team. There's no point in appointing mavericks who are both unproven and be gone in 6 months. There is no guarantee anyone will be a success. Russell Slade did not seem to be working though was given a reasonable shot. Having said that you might as well go with someone who has a good track record and is still hungry rather than a complete unknown and/or a nut job.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Brighton were right to stick with Sammi because it shows any prospective manger that we have a sensible and patient approach. It has not worked with Sammi and it is time to move on. McDermott would be my first choice by a country mile, if he is interested. He's got a very good record, as good as any Albion manager, is relatively young but experienced, has a good attitude and the type of personality that could fit into a team. There's no point in appointing mavericks who are both unproven and be gone in 6 months. There is no guarantee anyone will be a success. Russell Slade did not seem to be working though was given a reasonable shot. Having said that you might as well go with someone who has a good track record and is still hungry rather than a complete unknown and/or a nut job.

You are aware its THREE league wins so far yeah? THREE.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Does anyone actually think Bloom WILL replace Sami? After the recent Seagulls Over London event I'm in no doubt that he's sticking with him for the long run.

Results may well force his hand. Yes it'll be a bit embarrassing for Bloom to admit he's made a mistake with the appointment and also by inexplicably backing him for the long-term ( regardless of results). But he also knows that relegation would be a disaster for the club. But for now, you have to conclude that even though we're in the bottom three, Bloom doesn't yet think we're in danger of going down. After all, he thinks this squad is capable of getting into the play-offs.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Results may well force his hand. Yes it'll be a bit embarrassing for Bloom to admit he's made a mistake with the appointment and also by inexplicably backing him for the long-term ( regardless of results). But he also knows that relegation would be a disaster for the club. But for now, you have to conclude that even though we're in the bottom three, Bloom doesn't yet think we're in danger of going down. After all, he thinks this squad is capable of getting into the play-offs.

I think he's got to realise that all chairmen get appointments wrong, and as I've said above, he got the last 2 very right. He's given Hypia enough time and backing to come out of this looking very respectable in my view.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here