Available Managers we need to be contacting on Monday morning

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I believe that's what I was alluding to, yes. Poyet and Oscar had never managed in the Championship and they did ok. I can't really see us getting an experienced Championship manager to be honest.

Learn from your mistakes...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Does anyone actually think Bloom WILL replace Sami? After the recent Seagulls Over London event I'm in no doubt that he's sticking with him for the long run.

More fool him then, it will cost him...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Absolutely, but I just fear our current hierarchy have a plan and it will not be deviated from.

Unfortunately, I agree with you, but it is a MASSIVE mistake. Fail to adapt and 'die'...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
In our current situation I would go for either McDermott or Pulis. I'm not sure if the latter would come here though? He has a gained a reputation quite rightly as a firefighter and can command a fee suitable to his reputation. Would Bloom and co want to pay that price? Also There is no way I could see Pullis working under the current structure of Burke "suggesting" which players should be brought into the club. Pulis would not tolerate any of that. He's very much 'old school' in manager style.

Given availability, I would therefore go for McDermott.

el punal

This season, with the team's performances, we have gone from bedding-in to slight concern to concern to worry to seriously worried. At what point is desperation going to be the watchword.

We've played 19 league games (3 wins) and are now in the bottom three of the division. So, does Tony Bloom allow Hyypia to continue and make positive use of the transfer window in January and thereby improve the squad with permanent signings (as opposed to fly by night temporary loans). Or, should he cut his losses now with a replacement?

If he does stick with Hyypia through January and we are no better off that will mean, should Hyypia go at the end of January, a new manager will have 18 games to rescue the season. Reckon that's possible?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
This season, with the team's performances, we have gone from bedding-in to slight concern to concern to worry to seriously worried. At what point is desperation going to be the watchword.

We've played 19 league games (3 wins) and are now in the bottom three of the division. So, does Tony Bloom allow Hyypia to continue and make positive use of the transfer window in January and thereby improve the squad with permanent signings (as opposed to fly by night temporary loans). Or, should he cut his losses now with a replacement?

If he does stick with Hyypia through January and we are no better off that will mean, should Hyypia go at the end of January, a new manager will have 18 games to rescue the season. Reckon that's possible?

posted this on another thread, current form will give us 44pts and we would be relegated in all likelihood. I think TB has to act now before the window. Statistically being in the bottom 3 at Christmas is very hard to recover from.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Hughton or McDermott for me. Both proven, neither plays terrible football either. Both realistic.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
In our current situation I would go for either McDermott or Pulis. I'm not sure if the latter would come here though? He has a gained a reputation quite rightly as a firefighter and can command a fee suitable to his reputation. Would Bloom and co want to pay that price? Also There is no way I could see Pullis working under the current structure of Burke "suggesting" which players should be brought into the club. Pulis would not tolerate any of that. He's very much 'old school' in manager style.

Given availability, I would therefore go for McDermott.

Funny how someone who has built a reputation for keeping clubs in the Premiership would not work with someone else telling him who to sign. We are constantly fed that managers do not have the time to do this these days and why a D.O.F is so important to recruitment. I wonder how he manages then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports