Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Autumn Buget 2021

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
So much positivity in this thread. The Graham Potter effect? Everyone suddenly learning & improving, taking the positives and iswhatitising to greatness?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How the hell are we affording all this? Either the Guardian article I just read missed the part about all the tax rises (unlikely given its political views) or there is gonna be a hell of a small print section!

The Bank of England will print more money.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
They are improving - I managed Worthing to Manchester on an Off Peak Return (no restrictions) for £120 last week. Bought on the day

You can also do London to Edinburgh for £20 - and 90% of tickets for each train will be that price which is impressive. https://www.lumo.co.uk/

Must admit going into the COP, while pulling this moves makes little sense but what do we expect from this government

I hope this continues.

Trains are a better way to travel as well, more relax

But if you option is saving loads, people will fly.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
As an accountant I'm struggling to recall a Budget so light on personal tax measures.

With record borrowing after the ravages of Covid it is simply staggering taxpayers are still paying a top rate of 20% tax on all Capital Gains (excluding residential property).

HMRC data shows 9,000 people paid just £5.1bn in tax on £33.7bn of capital gains income in the latest financial year available. That works out at an average tax rate of 14.8%, lower than than the basic rate income tax of 20% that people pay on salaries of between £12,571 and £50,270 or - in reality - 32% if you factor in the Class 1 NI employees also pay.

The freezing of CGT tax rates tells you all you need to know about this government.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Did he say where he found the magic money tree?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I don't drive so forgive my ignorance but cutting fuel duty means cheaper petrol, yes?

Which won't help our commitments to climate change will it?

Again, don't drive so don't understand the issue fully. Enlightenment required if anyone has time.

fuel duty hasn't been cut, supposedly automatic rise frozen again. yes, it is incompatible with climate change agenda, but it hurt peoples pocket in a very visable way so sensitive, and is inflationary. we're going to see a lot more of this difficult juggling, green is expensive.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
fuel duty hasn't been cut, supposedly automatic rise frozen again. yes, it is incompatible with climate change agenda, but it hurt peoples pocket in a very visable way so sensitive, and is inflationary. we're going to see a lot more of this difficult juggling, green is expensive.

Thanks, appreciate that.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Austerity was such a success.

In terms of helping to protect our national financial interests, yes Austerity was [to a degree].
But Quantitive Easing [printing money] has also helped over the last 11 years by helping to retain low inflation and low interest rates in the UK [Interest rates at a life/all-time low for many years now].

The damage Covid has done to our GDP means that we need to do it some more, and even then these rates will still rise.
Any Government in office would have needed to do something if they gave away so much money AND lost so much revenue during an 18 month global disaster.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There we go, our relationship could be reborn.:love:

Sunak was built for that job imo, I of course would say that, the Tories are Building Back Better.

I see the levelling up is on it way too, with the biggest house rises up north.

:lolol:

I find these things baffling. The labour person sounded genuinely angry. It will probably take a week to work out what's what.

But I agree, Sunak is impressive. :thumbsup:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Austerity was such a success.

Don't know to be honest, I carried on working, paying my taxes same as ever whoever is in power to fair.
same old shite different name.

Let's take this to the bear pit.

I am intrigued by your signature
"The true measure of any society can be found in how it treats its most vulnerable members. Mahatma Gandhi"

Is this the same fella who believed in the Aryan brotherhood, which involved whites and Indians higher up than Africans on the civilised scale ? The same fella who complained to the British the Kaffirs should not be allowed to mix with Indians ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

D

Deleted member 2719

How long did it take to destroy it? Eleven years of Tory misrule.
Come on TB, surely even your tunnel vision can expand a bit to take it a wider picture, that would be growth, promise and sparkling wine.

Actually the Visigoths, destroyed Rome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here