Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Authentic Italian Restaurant in B & H

Carbonara

May 24, 2023
Is Donatello an Italian restaurant?Really? I saw a pic of De Zerbi and crew having dinner there a few months back
and thought this is going to send him straight back to Italy.

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
Semola. Lovely food. Great attentive service and interesting reasonably priced wine. I especially like the Italian Pinot Noir they have. Used to be £22 a bottle. Now more like £30.

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
I've never been to Brighton, but from the photos I've seen on TripAdvisor of some of the places you mentioned (assuming you don't want a pizza):

Franco's Osteria looks like a good healthy place where they cook in true Italian style (simplicity, 3 quality ingredients are better than 20 average ones mixed casually),

Cin Cin is the one that looks how a real Italian chef would cook if he was trying his own new recipes and enjoying experimenting. Looks pricey but obviously I don't know exactly how much.

Cin Cin's recipes are not really traditional recipes, but they're still Italian in their origin and style and they seem fun, plus to us phylosophy is more important than only cooking traditional dishes. That one and Franco's are 100% where Italians would go and eat (if they could afford it) among the ones listed here so far, if they could only judge by the pictures. Obviously I could really judge a restaurant only if I was also able to taste their dishes, as something can look amazing and taste like shit and viceversa, so take this with a pinch of salt.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The question should surely be: where does RDZ eat? (I know he'll appear at Donatello's thanks to its links with the club, but where does he go if left to his own choice?)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The question should surely be: where does RDZ eat? (I know he'll appear at Donatello's thanks to its links with the club, but where does he go if left to his own choice?)
London probably !

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I was in Milan last year we chose the places rammed with locals and wasn’t blown away tbh. Prefer a nice steak which the Italians are useless at.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I've never been to Brighton

Well you need to fix that.

Obviously I could really judge a restaurant only if I was also able to taste their dishes, as something can look amazing and taste like shit and viceversa, so take this with a pinch of salt.
Speaking of salt - last time I ate at Franco's, the lasagna was too salty. It was a while ago though.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I’m struggling to find one team, need a recommendation, no chains, not Donatello etc and definitely not the endless supply of Persian run attempts, a proper Italian in the B & H area, any ideas or suggestions?
La Capannina is absolutely outstanding.

Authentic, intimate, family run restaurant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here