Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Authentic Italian Restaurant in B & H

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
To be honest, we have enough pizza, pasta etc. for meals at home.
If I go out for a meal, it is anything but Italian.
For those of us that cook, most restaurants are bang average . . . Looking at the offerings in many supermarkets and high st restaurants you have to assume a unhealthily high proportion of people can't cook.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It very recently received a 0 on scores on the doors. Shame as I never had a bad meal there but wife won't entertain the idea of returning until a better score has been awarded.

(I believe the owners are of Albanian descent not Turkish/Persian as some have suggested)
To be fair they are not scored zero - actually 1, which I appreciate is still poor BUT having seen the 'Scores on Doors' scoring rules ( shown to me me by a mate that owns a B&B ) I treat the scores as a load of bollocks. About 90% of the score is about filling in loads of paperwork in the way the council want you to - nothing to do with hygiene. Never even bother checking and would quite happily eat in a low scoring place.

1685720965045.png

Carbonara

May 24, 2023
For those of us that cook, most restaurants are bang average . . . Looking at the offerings in many supermarkets and high st restaurants you have to assume a unhealthily high proportion of people can't cook.
The best Italian food I eat is what I cook.That isn't necessarily because I am a great cook,although I like to think my Italian food is pretty good, its because like you say most restaurants are bang average.When I cook my pasta and sauce they are fresh and not just warmed up.Also when you cook for yourself you don't skimp on the portions or ingredients like restaurants do.

Carbonara

May 24, 2023
Was thinking the same recently, there are a lot of average Italian restaurants but struggle to beat Donatello/Pinocchio for value and range of dishes. Tried Casalingo last week and have to say was disappointed with the food and it was expensive for what we got. One low key I a lot like is Amici on Blatchington road. Morelli Zorelli has the best pizza in the city.
Donatello?????Lol

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here