Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Authentic Italian Restaurant in B & H

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You want expensive Italian then go to La Tana in Patcham - prices have rocketed.

Haven't been there for a couple of weeks, but I have always enjoyed the food there and not found it overly pricey (and you do know I like VFM :wink:).

The answer to this question was always Giovanna's. Giovanna was a stunning Italian woman, mid/late forties, looked like Sophia Loren and she ran the Restaurant with her three beautiful daughters, all in their early 20s. North side of Western Road Norfolk Square way, IIRC Giovanna appeared on Blind date.

Sadly shut down about 30 years ago :down:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Your Osso bucco do you serve it with rissotto or polenta?
Rissoto, although last week, mash!

20 odd years ago there was a god little Italian restaurant at the end of Shoreham high St, went there when I first met Mrs Zef . . . Sadly he closed down. It's always amazed me how little good taste there is in Shoreham. We had a pretty good thai restaurant 20 years ago that didn't last more than a year.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Not an occasion, after watching a foody type programme about an authentic Spaghetti Vongole recipe, my wife announces it’s her favourite dish to which I suggested I’d cook it for her which was met with a ‘ no thanks’ take me to a decent Italian restaurant and let an Italian make it for her 🤦‍♂️😂😉
Based on the responses on here, why don’t you get a couple of cheap flights to Italy for a weekend. You’ll get loads of bonus points to cash in when you need to book your Europa League games. Cheap flight to Pisa, straight on a train to Florence and then reserve a local Turkish restaurant there.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Al Duomo near the Brighton Pavilion. It’s changed management in recent years, and is a much improved and more authentic Italian restaurant than the old version.

VIP by the Old Steine Gardens is also good, but more causal, and attracts lots of young foreign visitors.

I went to Cin Cin a few times in Brighton before it closed, food was good but expensive for small portions, I did not like the set up of sitting on high chairs around the bar, it did not feel a special place to me. Maybe the Hove one is better.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

20 odd years ago there was a god little Italian restaurant at the end of Shoreham high St, went there when I first met Mrs Zef . . . Sadly he closed down. It's always amazed me how little good taste there is in Shoreham. We had a pretty good thai restaurant 20 years ago that didn't last more than a year.
Wasn't that La Gondola

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

Used to like Pieros italian in Spring street Brighton, shame that closed.

Love going to Italy to stay with family for true Italian food. Going to Sorrento later this month just me and wife but not visiting family as i could only get a week off work.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Love going to Italy to stay with family for true Italian food. Going to Sorrento later this month just me and wife but not visiting family as i could only get a week off work.
I loved that too, it was like dining in his front room 😂

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Good shout, this was going to be my recommendation.

I'm not a massive fan of Italian tbh, pasta and pizza rather bores me. But the Filetto de Rossini there is to DIE for.
You had me going when you mentioned the Rossini, as since the demise of Piero's and La Piazza, I cant find anywhere that even offers Rossini, let alone one to 'die for'.
However, looking at the current menu at La Galleria, it's no longer there. :(
Is there anywhere at all in the area that offers it?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

I spent 5 days in Modena working a few years ago. The food there is particularly good. Especially given my host was proprietor of an organic dairy farm making nothing but parmigiano 🤩

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Al Duomo near the Brighton Pavilion. It’s changed management in recent years, and is a much improved and more authentic Italian restaurant than the old version.

When you say 'old version', how old are you talking? I loved it in the 80s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here