Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Australian Non Hits Not At The BBC

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Yes, they turned up on the programme. Apparently they had an international hit because they had a song on the Guitar Hero video game. I listened to a bit of them, decided that they sounded like Budgie and wound them on.

Most people here thought, that's a Led Zep rip off.

You're right though, often games or movies propel a band into the spotlight above other more talented artists.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Most people here thought, that's a Led Zep rip off.

You're right though, often games or movies propel a band into the spotlight above other more talented artists.

It was a Led Zep copy. I thought Budgie was more insulting. That Grinspoon song's a nice bit of pop punk. My daughters will love it.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
The perfect example of don't judge a book by it's cover, looked rough as guts but in reality just a super nice guy.

Nice to hear. I bought Rose Tattoo's first three albums as a kid. At that time anything that sounded remotely like Bon era AC/DC was gold for me. The slide guitar sound on those records was great. I lost touch with them as I lost interest in rock and then thanks to Scott and Charlene's wedding he was suddenly number one over here.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Nice to hear. I bought Rose Tattoo's first three albums as a kid. At that time anything that sounded remotely like Bon era AC/DC was gold for me. The slide guitar sound on those records was great. I lost touch with them as I lost interest in rock and then thanks to Scott and Charlene's wedding he was suddenly number one over here.

His book Angry – Scarred for Life is worth a read, had a tough life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here