Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Australia v India

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
These kind of articles are bordering on insanity, it’s nearly a year away ffs. Besides, they won’t do the ashes wish no fans IMO, it reduces the Australians advantage too much.

The stadiums will be full of Aussies and Expats, there is no fear of empty stadiums.
There will also be huge TV revenue earned.

The disappointment is that no one travelling from outside Australia are likely to be admitted to the country.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The stadiums will be full of Aussies and Expats, there is no fear of empty stadiums.
There will also be huge TV revenue earned.

The disappointment is that no one travelling from outside Australia are likely to be admitted to the country.

True, yes. I just find talk of no travel nearly a year from now quite ridiculous, particularly between Aus and the U.K., that would be nearly 2 years of banned incoming tourists etc.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
As a committed North Stand Chatter it’s my duty to stick to my guns even when every single expert in the cricketing world says I’m wrong.
So it was a routine win for India on a flat road that will be forgotten by the weekend.

That's the spirit

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
My favourite moment was at the after match presentation when the India players very innocently asked Nathan Lyon to come forward to receive a shirt signed by the whole India squad as a memory of his 100th test match.
I reckon he'll be as proud of it as Alan Sugar was of Jurgen Klinsman's shirt.

A priceless moment, watching Lyon thank them for their kind gift.
He won't forget the match in a hurry.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My favourite moment was at the after match presentation when the India players very innocently asked Nathan Lyon to come forward to receive a shirt signed by the whole India squad as a memory of his 100th test match.
I reckon he'll be as proud of it as Alan Sugar was of Jurgen Klinsman's shirt.

A priceless moment, watching Lyon thank them for their kind gift.
He won't forget the match in a hurry.

I think that's a bit unfair, he looked genuinely touched by the gesture. I know it's a low bar but Lyon has always struck is one of the more reasonable of the Aussies - there are plenty of low life characters in the team.

Speaking of which, Paine's been getting an absolute roasting from the Aussie media - you love to see it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think that's a bit unfair, he looked genuinely touched by the gesture. I know it's a low bar but Lyon has always struck is one of the more reasonable of the Aussies - there are plenty of low life characters in the team.

Speaking of which, Paine's been getting an absolute roasting from the Aussie media - you love to see it.

I really, really, think he hated it.

He looked like a school kid who lost a final to an arch rival and got a badge for trying hard- presented by the kid who won.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I’m not disputing the drama but that pitch got easier to bat on. The target was less than 400. It was a surprise, but not a big one, to wake up and find India was on the verge of victory. Even without Kohli they had a strong batting line-up to 7 or 8. This is India we are talking about, not Bangladesh.
From the position England found themselves in at Headingley a win was impossible. That was never the case in this test.
Sometimes a lot of noise is made about a sporting victory at the time but it fades away. I think it will be one of them. Stokes at Headingley will never get forgotten.
Anyway, it was a superb match. And what a series. Test cricket is the winner.

It's not just the chase though, it was the whole game. Their bowling attack was so inexperienced they had 10 previous test wickets between them, and yet bowled a first choice Australia side out twice for 360 and 290. And the Indian batting line up might have some strength, but this is still Cummins, Starc, Hazelwood and Lyon on the 5th day at the Gabba. And the batting heroes were Gill in his 3rd test, Pant in his 16th and Washington Sundar on debut, who hadn't played a first class game for three years and was only on the tour as a net bowler because his action looks like Nathan Lyons.

Its just unfathomable that such an inexperienced side could beat Australia at their fortress, and to do it with such drama makes it very special.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here