Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Australia v India

One for you shift workers or night owls, but India giving themselves a sliver of a chance at the near impossible, 3 down at lunch needing to survive a couple more sessions. India have shown a lot of character in this series with so many players out for various reasons

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What a game - I'm going to be shattered today after watching that. It was test cricket at its best - a fantastic innings from Pant and some determined resistance from Vihari and Ashwin. Paine's had a match to forget though

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
What a game - I'm going to be shattered today after watching that. It was test cricket at its best - a fantastic innings from Pant and some determined resistance from Vihari and Ashwin. Paine's had a match to forget though

Yes, the three dropped catches by Paine certainly didn't help and his chirping at the Indian batsmen didn't add much either.
The fact that the final test starts on Thursday night (UK time) keeps the tension nicely ramped up.
It's just a shame that it's being played at the Gabba where the Aussies have such an amazing record.

Amazing series so far, hard to remember a more gutsy display from a team, be interesting to see if India have one last battle left in them, they should be out on their feet

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Yes, the three dropped catches by Paine certainly didn't help and his chirping at the Indian batsmen didn't add much either.
The fact that the final test starts on Thursday night (UK time) keeps the tension nicely ramped up.
It's just a shame that it's being played at the Gabba where the Aussies have such an amazing record.

I ended up watching a few hours and loved the match.

I must say I thought it was incredible when Paine dropped that after spending ages chirping away at the batsmen. A nice bit of karma

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

And to think that Paine was brought in post SandpaperGate to be a "safe pair of hands " ! As I recall there was lots of talk about playing the game hard but fair but in the right spirit, that seems to have gone out of the window !

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Let's face it, the Aussies are terrible losers.

The number of times they've been had up for something when the game isn't going their way is vastly disproportionate to any other cricketing nation.

And they didn't even lose.....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Really beggars belief why Smith does this, technically he is one of the best current cricketers in the world, surely after past indiscretions he would just let his talent do the talking.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I see Bumrah is out for the Gabba test - joining Jadeja (and the others) on the sidelines.

India are not so much injury hit but down to the bare bones - anyone would think that Harry Redknapp was in charge

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Proper Test Match - it's why the five day game is still so special - and any pressure to change Test Matches to be four days must be strongly resisted.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Really beggars belief why Smith does this, technically he is one of the best current cricketers in the world, surely after past indiscretions he would just let his talent do the talking.

As our American cousins would say” Cheaters gonna Cheat”.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I see Bumrah is out for the Gabba test - joining Jadeja (and the others) on the sidelines.

India are not so much injury hit but down to the bare bones - anyone would think that Harry Redknapp was in charge

Can't see them getting any change at the Gabba, but I think I'll tune in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here