Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Australia - how long do you stay for?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
and you speak from personal experience from your extensive travels throughout the continent over a number of years....yes...??

not from a very pointed angle of questioning from a pompous English interviewer approaching people celebrating Australia day at Circular Quay in downtown Sydney........

Bore off eh.....there's a good lad ....!!

FYI Pilger is actually an Australian, kinda their answer to Michael Moore

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
The thing that is still shocking in Australia is attitude towards the indigenous population

Sadly these attitudes are pretty widespread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3rnsGbf9l0

Flip that documentary on it's head and do the same thing here on the 23rd of April you'd wander round central London and barely anyone would know what day it was, none of the pubs would be making a big deal out of it and you certainly wouldn't see anyone wandering round with the cross of St George draped around them. Because people are scared to be proud of their homeland in case they get labelled as racists. Yet thanks to Guinness on the 17th March the streets of London will be full of divots wandering round pissed out of their brains with a daft Guinness hat on pretending to be Irish.

It's Australia day on Monday I believe. I won't be celebrating it because I'm not Australian but good luck to anyone who is.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I wondered when this thread would dissolve into stupidity...usual idiocy from the xenophobic few. Go enjoy my country as I enjoy yours, travelling makes us better people of this earth. As for Australians being racist, the apple rarely falls too far so they say....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here