Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Austin & Calde red cards

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Very odd. In the time its taken to type that you could have looked it up!

Yes I probably could have looked it up but I was actually just responding to KJP and acknowledging that his knowledge was better than mine - so I actually find your comment 'very odd' !

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sorry if fixtures but having just watched the FLS highlights does anyone else think that the first 2 sending offs yesterday were shocking decisions by the ref yesterday ? I keep looking at the Austin / Barnes clash and it looks like they collided and Austin just shrugged off Barnes but certainly couldn't see a punch thrown.
I'm pretty sure there was no punch. Barnes put in a strong challenge to win the ball from Austin, and Austin wasn't happy, so he immediately ran into Barnes off the ball. I don't think a red is surprising in those circumstances.

And as for Calde how on earth can you get sent off just for having your arms all over someone and it certainly wasn't a clear cut scoring opportunity because the Leeds player had his back to goal wide of the goal. Shocking refereeing in my opinion !
Ref made a mistake. He thought Inigo dragged Diouf down, but it was simply Diouf going for an over-head kick.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
ran straight into him. turned out Austin was built like a brick shithouse and he bounced off hard.
Barnes did run straight into Austin - about 5 seconds earlier, knocking Austin flat (should have been a foul against Barnes I think, used his elbow a little). Austin wanted revenge so flattened Barnes, but this time the ball wasn't involved.

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill

Was at the game on Saturday and always thought that the ref was going to try and even things up after the Austin incident, which to me looked a straight red at the time, but having seen the replay now looks a bit soft.
Calde was never a red in my view but what do I know.
As for the "s**t Balotelli" red, who cares whether it was right or not :smile:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Was at the game on Saturday and always thought that the ref was going to try and even things up after the Austin incident, which to me looked a straight red at the time, but having seen the replay now looks a bit soft.
Calde was never a red in my view but what do I know.
As for the "s**t Balotelli" red, who cares whether it was right or not :smile:

Agree 100% Mr Sponge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here