Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Austin & Calde red cards

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Leeds' appeal over the Austin red card has been turned down according to a Leeds fan I know! :lolol:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Leeds' appeal over the Austin red card has been turned down according to a Leeds fan I know! :lolol:

Confirmed on SSN.

Leeds fail in appeal against Rodolph Austin red card | Football News | Sky Sports

Leeds have failed in their appeal against Rodolph Austin's sending off against Brighton on Saturday.

The 27-year-old midfielder was shown a straight red card for "striking an opponent" following a coming together with Ashley Barnes during Albion's 2-1 win at Elland Road.

The Jamaica international now faces a three-match ban, meaning he will miss this Saturday's trip to Watford, next season's Championship opener and the first round of the Capital One Cup.

United striker El-Hadji Diouf will also miss the same three games after his red card in the Brighton fixture.

Austin has made 38 appearances for Leeds, scoring four goals in his debut season in England after joining the club in the summer from Norwegian side Brann Bergen.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I thought the ban was increased for making a frivolous appeal ?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I thought the ban was increased for making a frivolous appeal ?

That's only when the appeal is actually frivolous. If its an appeal in good faith, the ban isn't increased, and looking at how minor the collision was, I don't think it's frivolous to appeal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here