Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Aussie Rules Football

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Game Day. Lets go Blues!

Have set the sky box to record the game, but will be listening on the radio at work again....cant wait.

AFL-Finals-2023-Melbourne-Carlton.jpg
Patrick Cripps.jpg

Last edited:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
First half has got 31-33 written all over it
Its been a brilliant 1st half. What an atmosphere as well with over 96k fans in the MCG.

Ive found the official Blues Radio station, and its quite possibly the greatest set of commentators ever that Im listening to. No holding back on Blues bias, a little bit of language, and a bit of arguing amongst themselves...all in true, inimitable Aussie style. Love it.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I watched a bit when over there, plus a random match at the oval a few years back to bring it to the Brits.

I don't mind it. Too many mullets but easy watching sport. The other half is an Aussie and a Collingwood fan. Better than yank sports, but no Football or Cricket.
I went to the oval Wednesday and my dad reminded me that we went to that Aussie game their years ago - I have no recollection of it at all other than I went!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
That was incredible.

I was out on a ride listening to the last quarter, and the last 2 minutes were just mayhem & pure comedy in the commentary booth. Put a huge smile on my face as I listened. Will have to see if I can find it online at some point to post here.

GET IN, YOU LITTLE RIPPER!

* This was from last weeks win....imagine it turned up to ten for today's wild finish :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Just got home from the MCG. What a game, what a crowd!

96k crowd and the noise was as loud as I've ever experienced at a game.

Go the Blue Baggers!
I know you want to bask in the glory of tonight - and so you bloody should, its magnificent! - but i wouldnt be too scared by Brisbane next week if i were you, they've such a record for shitting the bed at home in finals and the baggers are on a magnificent roll now.
Its already got shades of the doggies run in 2016, its a thrilling prospect for a grand final whoever gets there (and as a neutral i guess, i just want a rip roaring game to justify the beers from 5.30am!)

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I know you want to bask in the glory of tonight - and so you bloody should, its magnificent! - but i wouldnt be too scared by Brisbane next week if i were you, they've such a record for shitting the bed at home in finals and the baggers are on a magnificent roll now.
Its already got shades of the doggies run in 2016, its a thrilling prospect for a grand final whoever gets there (and as a neutral i guess, i just want a rip roaring game to justify the beers from 5.30am!)

I'd have been fine if we lost tonight as this is all about building up finals experience for the next few seasons so this has been invaluable in a learning sense.

Gotta put it in perspective from where we came from on the ladder to get to this point.

I think we're almost cooked in the fitness sense so I doubt we run the whole game out next week and could even get a flogging.

Brisbane's small forwards could really hurt us as we've been playing to tall down back so have a few selection dilemmas coming up.

I think the game will be at around 4:45 next Saturday so around a 7:30am UK time slot.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
That was incredible.

I was out on a ride listening to the last quarter, and the last 2 minutes were just mayhem & pure comedy in the commentary booth. Put a huge smile on my face as I listened. Will have to see if I can find it online at some point to post here.

GET IN, YOU LITTLE RIPPER!

* This was from last weeks win....imagine it turned up to ten for today's wild finish :ROFLMAO:

The old guy with the Sprite bottle in front of him is actually why I support Carlton.

My family were all Essendon but my Uncle had thousands of old football cards and said I could pick one. I picked a Mark Maclure card.

I'm so old I got to watch several GF wins with Maclure playing.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ports v Giants shaping up to be another close one. Little to choose between them in Q1.

Oh, and loving the Europa League ads on BT/TNT Sport. Shit's getting real! :clap:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Total collapso by Adelaide in Q2. Trail 36-65. If Giants kicking had been just a tad more clinical, could have been a whole lot worse

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Turning into a CRACKER. GWS were 14-3 down at the quarter, 16-15 up now and looking the better side.

97,000 in the MCG tonight, mostly Collingwood fans. Would be lovely to see them lose.
Fantastic atmosphere. Would love to see a Pies games at the MCG. One day...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here