Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Aussie Open (Tennis)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The scary monster that is Aryna Sabalenka is having a torrid time of it out there. First there were persistent cockroaches scuttling around her end of the court and leading the ballboys and girls a merry dance and now she's being buzzed by seagulls :lolol:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Yet somehow went through qualifying to win the US Open. Strange. For all her knockers, she beat every player she had to and not her fault or problem that none of them were top seeds. You can only beat who is in front of you. Nor does she hype herself that is just the British press. She's taken some money from promo deals but seriously who wouldn't. Grab it while you can. I think she did amazingly well (you can fluke a shot or a match but you can't fluke your way all the way to a trophy). I watched the game today and and at different times both she and her opponent (who will rise up the rankings) played really well. Raducanu tired, yes probably physically and mentally, but to me she seems to be coming into form and this year I think she'll go deep into one of the tournaments. Hope so just to shut up the trollers.
Taken some money from promo deals, hmmm

Emma Raducanu has retained her place among the highest-earning tennis players in the world with an income of £12.2 million over the past year despite plunging to a world ranking of No 186.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Quick heads-up that the women's final in all but name has a provisional start time of 08:30 tomorrow (thursday). Due to number 1 seed Swiatek being knocked out in the third round, that entire leg of the draw has been scrapped over by - no offence ladies - comparative also-rans, leaving the Coco Gauff v Aryna Sabalenka semi-final as the main remaining attraction. Fully expecting Salabenka to bulldoze her opponent through sheer raw power. If you only watch one match in the entire tournament, I highly recommend you watch this one

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Taken some money from promo deals, hmmm

Emma Raducanu has retained her place among the highest-earning tennis players in the world with an income of £12.2 million over the past year despite plunging to a world ranking of No 186.
And in her position, of course, you would have turned down those deals offered! :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here