Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aussie cricket...............

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You're right. Vaughan and Swann and short ar*e Ponting(who Talks well)are presenters/commentators. BT are doing the current Aus v South Africa series.

I switched it on to watch a bit of day 4 last night, and they didn't seem to be showing it, for some reason :shrug:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I worked with an Aussie in the period when they were dishing up to us on a regular basis. Sweet. Noticed the very small crowd in Hobart. Perhaps there were a lot of other things going on (in Hobart ?).

apparently a one armed icelander is attempting to row across the River Tamar in an empty beer barrel , using a size 14 cricket shoe as an oar......so they're all watching that apparently.

The Tassie Seagull

Dave Clarkson's Left Sock
apparently a one armed icelander is attempting to row across the River Tamar in an empty beer barrel , using a size 14 cricket shoe as an oar......so they're all watching that apparently.

That would be impressive seeing as the Tamar is 200 km away from Hobart up in Launnie, but I'll see if he made it when I cross the River Derwent on my way down to Bellerive tomorrow!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I see Peter Hanscomb scored a double ton. As the the top scorer in the Shield, he was being pencilled in for a slot in the 3rd test, I think he can book his ticket to Adelaide now.

My guess is that there'll be three changes in the team - Handscomb but anyone's guess as to who (Renshaw?)

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I see Peter Hanscomb scored a double ton. As the the top scorer in the Shield, he was being pencilled in for a slot in the 3rd test, I think he can book his ticket to Adelaide now.

My guess is that there'll be three changes in the team - Handscomb but anyone's guess as to who (Renshaw?)

Voges wont play having got concussion in Perth for one. Wade for Nevill another change?

Ironic that Stiaan van Zyl might have got a knock in place of Du du Plessis if he's missing for South Africa.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Voges wont play having got concussion in Perth for one. Wade for Nevill another change?

Maybe, they may also replace Lyon.

My guess is they won't want to make too many changes, that smacks of desperation. Handscomb for Voges is a no-brainer. Are they going to dump Ferguson after one test? I doubt it but you never know - he failed in the Shield match and Doolan scored a double ton.

I think Burns is a goner though - Renshaw, Dean or Bancroft?

God knows what SA are going to be like when they AB back

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Maybe, they may also replace Lyon.

My guess is they won't want to make too many changes, that smacks of desperation. Handscomb for Voges is a no-brainer. Are they going to dump Ferguson after one test? I doubt it but you never know - he failed in the Shield match and Doolan scored a double ton.

I think Burns is a goner though - Renshaw, Dean or Bancroft?

God knows what SA are going to be like when they AB back

this is a particularly poor Aussie team at the moment.......can't wait for The Ashes next year.....:clap:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
They are in a right old mess - they bring in new blood who fail badly but then can't be dropped as they need another chance. However, I don't think I'd ever write off an Aussie side............much as I'd love to.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
They are in a right old mess - they bring in new blood who fail badly but then can't be dropped as they need another chance. However, I don't think I'd ever write off an Aussie side............much as I'd love to.

this lot are pretty poor mate , lehman, pat howard and the selectors are copping it all round....:lolol:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Including English born Matt Renshaw.

They used to give us so much stick for selecting Australian born player like Mcgaue (more that he was rubbish), Robson, Hollioake etc and now they are doing it...

I thought their main form of abuse to England was of us stealing South African players (Tony Greig, Robin Smith, Kevin Pietersen etc.)?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Would Andrew Symonds be the last English born Australian cricketer?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Third Test tonight. This team came out of the hat for Australia.

Australia’s XI: Steve Smith (c), David Warner, Matt Renshaw, Usman Khawaja, Peter Handscomb, Nic Maddinson, Matthew Wade, Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, Nathan Lyon, Jackson Bird.

Good luck to the trio making their 'deboos'. We will be watching in anticipation. It's a day nighter with a pink ball and apparently Wade is taking over as wicketkeeper due to his sledging ability. Uncertainty as to whether his colour blindness will allow to pick out the pink ball.

With only 3 home Tests against Pakistan and a tour of India before the Ashes can they keep up this amazing,losing sequence?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

Australia’s XI: Steve Smith (c), David Warner, Matt Renshaw, Usman Khawaja, Peter Handscomb, Nic Maddinson, Matthew Wade, Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, Nathan Lyon, Jackson Bird.

Good luck to the trio making their 'deboos'. We will be watching in anticipation. It's a day nighter with a pink ball and apparently Wade is taking over as wicketkeeper due to his sledging ability. Uncertainty as to whether his colour blindness will allow to pick out the pink ball.

With only 3 home Tests against Pakistan and a tour of India before the Ashes can they keep up this amazing,losing sequence?

We can only keep praying for this......................but Smith, Warner, Khawaja and most of all Starc are all pretty damn good; Lyon and Hazelwood are pretty useful but I'm unsure (read ignorant) of pedigree of the rest. I still can't allow myself the indulgence to think that an Aussie team will keep rolling over. You can't help but think that the vast majority of Aussies cricket supporters have already turned their mind to the upcoming Big Bash. I wonder if one or two of the players have done the same?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Be interesting how they do at home to Pakistan, when we couldn't win a series at home against them let alone win in Bangladesh. They'll lose in India, like we will, but I can't see us beating South Africa at home next summer though.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

The Aussie bowling is still useful - it hasn't done badly against SA and Bird's inclusion will strengthen it. There was a bit of a row when he was left out because of his batting but that shouldn't be relevant for a tailender. The feeling persists however that get Smith and Warner out and you have Australia on the ropes - they have to hope that one of the new boys comes off. Not sure that Wade is much of an upgrade on Nevill as a player, he seems to have been picked because he has a bit more dog in him - it's technique they should be worried about, not canine DNA.

The tests against Pakistan will be winnable if Misbah has retired by then. If he hasn't, I can see those being a struggle too. They're going to get battered in India

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here