Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

unklbrian

Feb 4, 2012
1st post on NSC for me ......
been ckecking in for a while & enjoying listening in to

Studio One at the mo - fine !
Delroy Wilson was most exellent
Saxon was a bit 'rough' - recorded on Cassette ???

Just thought I'd say thanks
UnklB,,

Ps - that smiley is supposed to be a question mark !

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Glad youre enjoying...yeah, any dance tape can be varying in sound quality... i actually thought that wasnt bad haha...ive got some for the determined listener that are seriously hard to hear....

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Sound Clash

Sentinel (Stuttgart, Germany) vs Black Stallion (Bedford, UK) - Stuttgart, Germany 2003

2006 Sentinel v Mighty Stallion.mp3

SingleTrack MP3
2h 59m 23s

Bobby Melody, who introduces this clash, sang a song call 'Master' that I just loved back in the day. Silver used laugh at me, as I just played it over and over. I first met Bobby Melody, at our house, getting ready to play at I think, the Richmond. The London based members of the sound always had two or three carloads of people interested about Brighton as we had started to get a name. I thought Bobby Melody was just some bloke coming to the dance. Sitting with him for about an hour smoking, when in comes Silva, and says, so, youve finally met Bobby Melody...I was stunned...had no idea...He told me his name was Bobby, but didnt tell me his surname, and thats what I like about reggae people, just a humble regular man with no pretention.

Sadly, he passed away just over a year ago due to cancer. R.I.P Bobby.

Attachments

• warinnadicity03.gif
    warinnadicity03.gif
    65.8 KB · Views: 82

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Agree entirely Dave about reggae people being regular people. I once saw Macka B at a gig and after his set he just came down into the audience and was just stepping with everyone else. Also remember seeing Ranking Miss P in amongst everyone at the bridge park complex in Harrow Rd at a marathon roots session that was my first experience of seeing The Abyssinians live. Happy days.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Earth Strong - The Fyah Vibes Mixtape

MixTape-FyahVibes-01.mp3

SingleTrack MP3
1h 6m 35s

Good mix of late 2011 tunes.

Its true famlyman, met enough reggae stars and superstars even, and they were just very normal..apart from scratch perry of course who crossed that thin line between genius and lulu in my opinion haha

Last edited:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Johnny Osbourne Mix

Johnny Osbourne Mix.mp3

SingleTrack MP3
1h 19m 41

He stayed at our house one night.... I was in Holland at the time...I was gutted when I found out...

Attachments

• Johnny+Osbourne+JOsbourne_2.jpg
    Johnny+Osbourne+JOsbourne_2.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 77

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here