Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Audio (Reggae): Thread for all things reggae

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Yes guys...good to see you adding...
littlehampton...yeah, that is a very good clash...was uk clash or world clash?...cant remember now..it was in Hackney..I used to have the audio...just had a look and it clearly suffered edit....gone..

Ive no Augustus Pablo that I can post..ie mix, but ive got him selecting on Jah Youth Sound...just uploading that now...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Talking Augustus Pablo.
I had that Japan splash video tape where that youtube clip is from. I was also lucky enough to see him live at the Top Rank Suite back in the day too. I expect Dave was there too with King Tafari Love Musik.

I have an Augustus Pablo algoriddim podcast mix downloaded from a good while ago. Unfortunately I'm struggling to find a download link to share these days but you can listen to it here.

Home: Listen to trusted DJs, radio hosts Podcasters. Start here | Mixcloud - Re-think radio

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Downbeat (New York) Ls Supersonic (Berlin) - Hamburg

Downbeat Ls Supersonic - Hamburg.MP3

SingleTrack MP3
1h 19m 27s

Downbeat (The Ruler) alongside Supersonic in Hamburg. Downbeat probably my favourite sound due to them being famous for their Studio One box, and Supersonic are probably my favourite German sound. Got more of a vibe about them than Sentinel.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
The Augustus pablo selecting isnt uploading....which is a shame... ill figure out....The Rodigan v Poison Dart is hilarious

Bermuda 2006 David Rodigan (UK) v Blunt Posse (USA) v Souljah 1 (Berm)

2006 Rodigan vs Blunt vs SJ1.mp3

SingleTrack MP3
2h 0m 38s

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Sir David Rodigan O25 Club Frankfurt 2007 Pt1

Sir David Rodigan O25 Pt1.mp3

SingleTrack MP3
59m 41s

Sir David Rodigan O25 Club Frankfurt 2007 Pt 2

Sir David Rodigan O25 Pt2.mp3

SingleTrack MP3
54m 02s

Gwaan Roddy...!

I used to go to this club a lot when I lived in Frankfurt. Really opened my eyes as somebody from an English soundsystem who had no clue just how big reggae, soundsystems and clash was in Germany. First time in the place it was packed for Bitty Mclean singing on Soundbwoy destiny who are resident soundsystem, and saw everybody in the place sing along to 'walk away from love' word for word..I was amazed..It disturbs me a bit now that I could name a whole heap of big German sounds off the top of my head..Sentinel, Supersonic, Soundquake, Bushfire, PowPow, City Lock, DeeBuzz, Soundbwoy, Kanga Roots and how do you remove a sounds with names like Sting like a bee and Silly Walks out of your mind (both decent incidentally).... and in UK, Love Injection, Revelation, xtc 4x4, BlackStallion, Rodigan and now im struggling..anyway...Time to face the weekend horror that is our Ukrainian nightmare at the bar...have good weekend.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Luv Injection Vs Coxsone Vs Now Generation 30/12/11

OMNI VERSION 45 Shop Lock UK (2012).wma

SingleTrack .wma
3h 50m 27s

Tapedeck broke in dance so .wma is only copy apparently. Decent still, and an example of uk sounds. Cant believe i missed so many English sounds last night when trying to think of names...when staying over in South London, actually stayed next door to Lloyd Coxsone, in my defence, I was pretty stoned last night .

Last edited:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Attachments

• 50496_156318631070244_2149953_n.jpg
    50496_156318631070244_2149953_n.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 339

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here