Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Attention all E Blockers (Row C)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Where was that twat who shouted at Coppell last night to "make a change" just when we looked like playing some football and getting a grip on the game?

Numpty.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Very interesting thread. Obviously if somebody behind you is being abusive about the team you are more than entitled to turn round and tell them to shut up, but if they are just talking (to your mind) complete and utter rubbish are you entitled to turn around and say "Look, can you talk about something more interesting like Mozart on the contribution of the Red Army to the defeat of Hitler?"

Maybe we should have different blocks for different types of conversations. Moaning whingers in A block, witty and erudite conversationalists in B, drunken old men in C and so on.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I've also got to add that it's sort of 'life imitating art'. The same way that not all the threads on NSC are about the Albion neither are all conversations at football matches.

It does sound though as if Safeway overheard the equivalent of a Cheshire Dolphin thread though: "Hen, pen, len, ken" [Sorry Chesh! No offence meant!] - and unlike NSC he wasn't able to ignore it!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Brovian said:
drunken old men in C and so on.

Ah you know us then Brovian :lolol: :drink:

Sam

Formerly "Sambo"
Jul 22, 2003
Oxfordshire
BrightonBird said:
I was in front of some guy who screamed every time cheaterfield got a cross in. Funny but ear splitting!

yeah i was too, he was sitting right behind me! it was hilarious!

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Safeway said:
My mate in the ticket office sorted Cheshire and I with particularly good seats for last night's game, 127 and 128 in Row B E Block. Perfect, right on the halfway line and pretty much as close to the action as the South Stand. Best seats in the house. Or so we thought.

Sat behind us were four or five blokes, about 19/20, who utterly ruined the experience by talking complete and utter f***ing, non-stop BULLSHIT. It was painful, no, excruciating. If either one of us had been as drunk as had been intended there would have been abuse directed towards them.

Topics of conversation included:

Players from bygone years (Mahoey-Johnson, Gall, you know, really shit ones)
The 'hilarious' consequnces of merging Hinshelwood and Pethick's surnames - Hinshpeth. Apparently he would play for Barnsley. Side-splitting.
The name of one of them's car: Tony Browne. WHAT?!

I'm sure there were more that Cheshire will remember, but they are three of the more 'memorable' ones.

I know for a fact they use NSC because one of them was bemoaning the Big Board 2 (he had a point), and the others were going on about it being full of 15 and 16 year-olds. Quite frankly I would rather listen to a group of schoolkids than ever ever have to endure that bunch of clowns again.

Know who they are? Shop them here.

Quality seats they are, me and a mate sit in 121 and 122. Great. Best in the ground!

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm baffled by this "really shit" player by the name of Gall.

That's either Norman (a former player of the year..twice) whom Clough described as being one of the best headers of the ball he'd ever seen, and who is third in the list of Albion appearances. Or it's Mark, the guy with the Zamora-like record of 14 goals in 33 games, and who combined pace, strength and good finishing.

Neither of them could remotely be described as shit and both would be strong candidates for an all-time Albion XI, or an all-time great squad at least.

Looks like these guys really were talking bollocks.

Last edited:

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Gall was never mentioned during this conversation. You're quite right Gwylan, Mark Gall was a great player. You're also right, we were talking bollocks. No change there then.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
that was a bloke screaming , i thought it was a dodge firework ! does the whole of nsc sit in h/j block ? if so how do i not spot more of you ?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
tinx said:
Sound slike Albion Dan was one of them

No, as Turkey has said Im sat 2 rows back from him in D block. I have to say though that we are prone to making up probably unfunny jokes like this in the pursuit of entertainment when the boys are playinf particuarly badly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here