Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The amount of sarcasim on this site is pathetic.Too many kids with too much free time at half term.
Far be it for me to defend a palace poster, however his answer succinctly refuted your ridiculous claim that league position should be defined by the quality of the surroundings.
I don't know about other grounds.No doubt there are some worse and some better. How easy a ground is to get to and get away from does make a difference.I remember the Goldstone as being pretty easy.Park and walk a few minutes.
I imagine you were watching the Albion in the later 80's and 90's at the goldstone? From the early 70's when we had bigger crowds, we used to drive along the seafront home to Seaford. It took an age as the traffic was bumper to bumper after a match. From the mid 80's, we found we could park ever closer to the ground, didn't have to arrive a couple hours early, and also sailed back home far quicker.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I imagine you were watching the Albion in the later 80's and 90's at the goldstone? From the early 70's when we had bigger crowds, we used to drive along the seafront home to Seaford. It took an age as the traffic was bumper to bumper after a match. From the mid 80's, we found we could park ever closer to the ground, didn't have to arrive a couple hours early, and also sailed back home far quicker.

I've been going since around 1987, and used to park on the industrial estate by Conway Street. I'd be home within about half an hour of the final whistle, but then the attendances were well under 10k.

Its such a PAIN that we get nearly 30,000 every week now isn't it.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
OK, then I may be being thick... but why wouldn't you give your ticket away?

I always try to give my ticket up for mid week games as i work away but sometimes it's just not possible, especially when your social network is spread around East and West Sussex.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Ah, I think I found him.

.....oh.
Ok so again,transport is good getting there is a pain.Plenty of trains,well organised,however for me from worthing and back,2 trains,plenty of queuing,sardined on the trains.Got it now?Good.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Far be it for me to defend a palace poster, however his answer succinctly refuted your ridiculous claim that league position should be defined by the quality of the surroundings.

O so he thought I was saying quite literally a teams stadium and support should determine the league they play in?Weird.
I started at the goldstone late 70s.As I said we drove and parked a few mins walk away or went by train then had a short walk from the station.Easy.It's not a big deal now.As I said plenty of well organised trains but the easier to get to a stadium the more non die hard fans would go.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ok so again,transport is good getting there is a pain.Plenty of trains,well organised,however for me from worthing and back,2 trains,plenty of queuing,sardined on the trains.Got it now?Good.

I'm sorry to hear that its such a blessed inconvenience for you to get to and from the Amex all the way from Worthing. And I can only agree, it is a frightful chore having to share a train carriage with lots of other people. And they actually expect you to QUEUE for the privilege as well. Shocking isn't it.

May I suggest you consider moving somewhere closer to the stadium.

Or preferably in it.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
When you're 6 and your view is blocked by adults then yes there are bad views.As for the East stand,we were a few rows back from the front and it sucks.Too low.

You are complaining about the front few rows of seats being too low ... ??? Of course they're bloody low, they are right next to the pitch.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

You don't half moan a lot. I find it easy from Lancing, maybe you are just a hell of a lot more precious!

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
If it means that much to you, why don't you submit a Freedom of Information request to get the 'attendance'?
It means jack shit.If you take every post so seriously then maybe this forum isn't for you.
As I said before this thread is titled 'Attendance'and I was just saying it's wrong and no-one but no-one can say
29.600 or whatever were at the game because they were not.
Chill out.

Coffee spat.

And for an encore, how about lobbying to get Bozza banned for having such a childish name?

pal4life

Sep 6, 2008
Another quality repeated thread from a bedwetter! Does it really matter? I attend every home match to support my team not count empty seats.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I don't know about everyone else but I get the feeling that next time we have a great match unfolding in front of us the last thing you want is Mr Maldini sitting next to you moaning about the view, moaning about the trains, counting the empty seats, probably moaning about the queues for food and probably the cost of the programme which was only 15p back in the 70s!!!!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
O so he thought I was saying quite literally a teams stadium and support should determine the league they play in?Weird.
I started at the goldstone late 70s.As I said we drove and parked a few mins walk away or went by train then had a short walk from the station.Easy.It's not a big deal now.As I said plenty of well organised trains but the easier to get to a stadium the more non die hard fans would go.

So, why are you making such a big deal of it? The game was a sell out, so plenty of non die hard fans.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
It means jack shit.If you take every post so seriously then maybe this forum isn't for you.
As I said before this thread is titled 'Attendance'and I was just saying it's wrong and no-one but no-one can say
29.600 or whatever were at the game because they were not.
Chill out.

Says the man with 20 posts on this thread.

Hilarious

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Jesus such a bunch of morons on here.I've merely made a few observations and posted them but you guys get so incredibly offended and won't have anything negative said about your beloved Amex.I've posted the negatives as I see them and the positives.Forums are about posting opinions but forums often don't work as they zhould do because some clowns get so offended and gang up like the're still in the playground.Cue more dribble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here