Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Attendance Tonight?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
23,004 is my predicted attendance figure with 19,313 who are actually at the game :)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It's going to look empty early on, long queues for the car park. Much longer than any I've seen before.

Feb 14, 2010
21,000. Put that into perspective. Sunderland had 17,000 odd for a weekend game. Brighton are very very lucky with the support they get. Shame the side never, never matches up. Image what the support would be if we had a half decent top flight side with even a bit of success, instead of a side that has not won anything since 1910, a cup final appearance in 1983 and a few seasons in division 1. One day, we will get a side that matches or even surpasses the support.. or maybe not. It wouldnt be Brighton to actually over achieve instead of under achieve.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
One day, we will get a side that matches or even surpasses the support.. or maybe not. It wouldnt be Brighton to actually over achieve instead of under achieve.

I think that statement is quite wrong when one considers the Withdean years. I believe we overachieved most years we were there, it was a miracle in my opinion.

But yes, I agree, our fans are great.

Feb 14, 2010
I think that statement is quite wrong when one considers the Withdean years. I believe we overachieved most years we were there, it was a miracle in my opinion.

But yes, I agree, our fans are great.

Even at Withdean they would sell out for what the first 3 seasons there, would get 6,000 when teams in the same division were getting 3000. In fact even at Gillingham we had bigger crowds than sides in the same division. Mad really. Just think tho', the hotbed of the North East as the press love to label Sunderland, and they get 17000 for a Saturday game, but us, 21,000 for a game on telly on a Monday night. Just think what a half decent top flight side would get at Brighton.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Same as usual in East Lower, but not at the start. Some people did not make it until 20 minutes into the game. 5% different people though.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'd say the announced figure looked just about right. We all commented that for once it seemed accurate, which would make sense for the reasons already stated on this thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here