Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Attendance Tonight?

westsussexmackem

Aug 1, 2011
...West Sussex.
I wonder how many they would bring? Can't see them requesting the 15% as they already have Wembley to look forward to. However, I do seem to remember them bringing 2000 odd for a 2nd round Carling Cup Tie a couple of years back

Was 1,200 odd IIRC. If it's a weekend game then we'll sell out easily, we have a big southern support. Don't think we'll take the extra 15% though as the club never do. But first you've got to get through Hull....

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If Sunderland just got 16K, something like 14K would be likely? Perhaps less?

Time of the year for bills.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Sadly, laughing at the offical attendance announcements has become a regular feature in the WSU! Comical

And in East Upper.

Like most people I always assumed that the figure they give is the tickets-sold one.

However, I'm now a bit confused.

For the Doncaster game the total figure given was almost exactly 27,000, including around 400 away supporters.

Three days later against Leeds the stated total was about 700 higher. As there were around 1500 more away supporters this suggested that the home, um, attendance against Leeds was about 800 less than against Doncaster.

As all corners of the ground were much fuller last Tuesday than three days earlier the implication is that far fewer Brighton supporters bought tickets for Leeds than for Doncaster but far more actually turned up.

This seems rather peculiar but is there any other explanation?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Sadly, laughing at the offical attendance announcements has become a regular feature in the WSU! Comical

I'm up there tonight and i'm now worried that I might get sent back to the North is i don't guffaw in the right place :down:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Thinking 20K is a fantastic effort.
Hull have sold 700.

Monday night on tv with rail lines blocked, shit weather etc etc.

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
Illness will keep me at home this evening though have ticket so I expect I'll be counted as attending! With it on tv softens the blow of not being there. But no balti pie...........:tantrum:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Thinking 20K is a fantastic effort.
Hull have sold 700.

Monday night on tv with rail lines blocked, shit weather etc etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here