Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Attendance stats

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
This season so far, not last season, but I will take that, 18th best supported club in the country despite fighting a relegation battle in the second tier. Bloody lucky are BHA with its support. As a comparison, the season palace got promoted to the top flight their gates started out at between 13000 to 14000. They then gave tickets away, and rose to 15000/16000 and then had one gate that season above 20,000, that was against us. The Albion seem to take for granted our support. The team just never matches it, never mind exceeds it.

As far as I'm aware, we are in this season, not last season.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
When will we have a team to match the support?

The support is good, but not as high as you make out. There are on average 4,000 each week who don't turn up.

The level of ST sales has surpassed expectations, but it is down 10% this season, and I am sure the club will be happy if it only falls by the same level next season. Credit to the club for the superb way they have marketed the ST scheme.

Feb 14, 2010
The support is good, but not as high as you make out. There are on average 4,000 each week who don't turn up.

The level of ST sales has surpassed expectations, but it is down 10% this season, and I am sure the club will be happy if it only falls by the same level next season. Credit to the club for the superb way they have marketed the ST scheme.

The ST sales surpassed your expectations, not mine. You still miss ghe point, not many clubs even back in the div 3 south days could get 30000 gates for lower league football (not often but they could). This club has under achieved massively in the last 100 years. Never having a top half of the top flight side. Not once. You have not also answered the qq. Last year, when playing lower league football and the season before BHA were what best supported side despite playing second tier football. Now ask yourself, what would the support be if we had a half decent team? BHA are truly bloody lucky and if you live away from Sussex and compare BHA with other clubs on a like for like basis you have to think "crickey, what could happen if they ever got a decent side?"

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The ST sales surpassed your expectations, not mine. You still miss ghe point, not many clubs even back in the div 3 south days could get 30000 gates for lower league football (not often but they could). This club has under achieved massively in the last 100 years. Never having a top half of the top flight side. Not once. You have not also answered the qq. Last year, when playing lower league football and the season before BHA were what best supported side despite playing second tier football. Now ask yourself, what would the support be if we had a half decent team? BHA are truly bloody lucky and if you live away from Sussex and compare BHA with other clubs on a like for like basis you have to think "crickey, what could happen if they ever got a decent side?"

If you're going to use selective statistics why did we have attendances less than 10,000 when we were in the top division, and less than 5,000 under Wilkins a few years ago?

Feb 14, 2010
If you're going to use selective statistics why did we have attendances less than 10,000 when we were in the top division, and less than 5,000 under Wilkins a few years ago?

You know that is pointless to raise so why raise it? Arsenal were getting at times 18000 in those days as well. Name a club as unsuccessful as Brighton who can sneeze and be the 11th best supported club in the country despite playing second tier football as Brighton were last season and the season before. Also ask yourself what the club could be with even a mid table top flight side. Or put another way, name the clubs who have been as crap as us for a 100 years and then look at the level of their support.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You know that is pointless to raise so why raise it? Arsenal were getting at times 18000 in those days as well. Name a club as unsuccessful as Brighton who can sneeze and be the 11th best supported club in the country despite playing second tier football as Brighton were last season and the season before. Also ask yourself what the club could be with even a mid table top flight side. Or put another way, name the clubs who have been as crap as us for a 100 years and then look at the level of their support.

This is our 88th season in the Football League, we have averaged crowds in excess of 25,000 three times during that period, 20-25,000 a further five times, but less than 10,000 forty seven times.

Feb 14, 2010
This is our 88th season in the Football League, we have averaged crowds in excess of 25,000 three times during that period, 20-25,000 a further five times, but less than 10,000 forty seven times.

There was of course life before the "football league" there was a split league, football league, and southern league, where clubs like Brighton, QPR, Palace and l;ots of other names played. Also you quote pointless stat without context. Playing in what divisions, and for each division we played in, where were in the the att stats? Please compare like with like. You again fail to answer the question. Name another club when playing second tier football can be the 11th best supported club ion the country, both now and in the 70's. Again, name the clubs who have been as rubbish on the pitch as Brighton in the last 100 years and what size support do they have ?

el punal

According to the official Twitter page it was 675 for Sheffield Wed game. I can't believe those fans weren't clapped. Shocking bad manners.

You only have to go on their fans forum to find out what they really think about us. Goodness me, what a wonderful, nostalgic trip back to football of the 1980s . . . . but then again, maybe not.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There was of course life before the "football league" there was a split league, football league, and southern league, where clubs like Brighton, QPR, Palace and l;ots of other names played. Also you quote pointless stat without context. Playing in what divisions, and for each division we played in, where were in the the att stats? Please compare like with like. You again fail to answer the question. Name another club when playing second tier football can be the 11th best supported club ion the country, both now and in the 70's. Again, name the clubs who have been as rubbish on the pitch as Brighton in the last 100 years and what size support do they have ?

Norwich City, Sunderland, Manchester City, Newcastle

Feb 14, 2010
You only have to go on their fans forum to find out what they really think about us. Goodness me, what a wonderful, nostalgic trip back to football of the 1980s . . . . but then again, maybe not.

They get very upset that they smaller gates than us and even more upset when someone (not me) pointed out that when in the same division, on the head to head games Brighton very often did get bigger gates than them, despite them being more successful. They also love their away support, but seem to forget they rarely play an away game more than 2 hours drive away and they also have a large help to their away support by fans living down south.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
2 years ago, I recall us being 9th at the start of the season in terms of season ticket sales.

Even this season 23k Season tickets sold isn't bad.

Feb 14, 2010
Norwich City, Sunderland, Manchester City, Newcastle

That is a joke right?

Norwich - played in Europe and top flight umpteen times, and cant remember last time they were in the 3rd or 4th divisions
Newcastle - as above
Sunderland - Won the FA Cup and played in top flight umpteen times
Man City .. seriously.. they still cant fill their ground

But still not bad company

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
That is a joke right?

Norwich - played in Europe and top flight umpteen times, and cant remember last time they were in the 3rd or 4th divisions
Newcastle - as above
Sunderland - Won the FA Cup and played in top flight umpteen times
Man City .. seriously.. they still cant fill their ground

But still not bad company

Norwich were relegated to the third division as recently as 2009 on average attendances of 24,500
Newcastle average 50,000 and are regularly the third best supported club in the country but when did they actually win anything? Similarly Sunderland have averaged 40,000 plus despite being trophy less .

I am however SHOCKED that you don't even know the number of seasons we spent in the top flight. Was that another season you were watching at Stamford Bridge or Griffin Park?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
What the hell have Man City, Newcastle, Sunderland and Norwich got to do with a discussion about how good our support is for a team that have never won anything and only spent 4 seasons in the top flight (more than 30 years ago)...?

Feb 14, 2010
Norwich were relegated to the third division as recently as 2009 on average attendances of 24,500
Newcastle average 50,000 and are regularly the third best supported club in the country but when did they actually win anything? Similarly Sunderland have averaged 40,000 plus despite being trophy less .

I am however SHOCKED that you don't even know the number of seasons we spent in the top flight. Was that another season you were watching at Stamford Bridge or Griffin Park?

I was still very young at the time, although I did start watching brighton before 1979.. No I only started watching other clubs when I moved there, you would be surprised about the amount of clubs I have watched. Hence I'm pretty good at comparing clubs on a like with like basis. No idea what Norwich, Newcastle, Sunderland or Man City have to do with us when our teams success is much closer to Barnsley than those clubs.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Are you sure? Barnsley have had higher average attendances than the Albion in 17 of the last 20 full seasons.
Nice one... :lolol:

WCP is possibly passionate enough to keep biting but your wind up has gone far enough for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here