Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Attack! Attack! Attack Attack Attack!"

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Last season on some occasions - Barnsley and Sheff Wed at home spring to mind - I thought we did play a truly beautiful style of football. This season I find it dull, dull and dull. There is an obsession with playing the Barcelona way but only a few sides in the world can do that. It WILL never work here any more than Wimbledon's style worked in the 80's would do for us. It is not about styles and nothing else, it is about having quality players who you can mould into a competitive unit. We're not asking to start going long ball all the time but we have to play a ball that has a risk sooner or later. Keep possession... Keep possession.. That is why we don't create opportunities.. It's because we are scared not confident.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I keep coming back to the Ipswich. 22 shot, Oscar was proud and told us to look at the stats. Well I watched the game and saw their keeper make ONE comfortable save. Its the same most weeks

Are you really getting that much of a thrill stalking all of my comments to thumbs down them all, just because I disagreed with you the other day? :lolol:

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
i have just watched everton wipe the gooners arse for them and came on here to post something similar to this....you beat me to it ,but that performance and the tempo they play at is really something we should be aspiring to....that is all from me on the subject....i love this club but they appear to be struggling recently ....!!

That is the word TEMPO, we have no urgency in our play at all. If we started the games with a high tempo we would score in the first half, relax, and hopefully more goals would come. At the moment we are always chasing the game and then start making more individual mistakes. Our play at the moment resembles the manager. I want him to do well but since Christmas we have been woeful and what has been served up at home has been highly unacceptable considering the cost of a season ticket. If the club don't want people voting with their feet and leaving early then give them something to shout about. Why should they stay behind to clap the team off when they haven't performed.
I am not one that leaves with 10 minutes to go, but can understand it. It would be interesting if we were winning 3-0 with 10 minutes to go how many would leave early. Trouble is we are unlikely to find out as that scoreline is unlikely to happen at present. NOW watch us get six in the next home game.:)

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
That is the word TEMPO, we have no urgency in our play at all. If we started the games with a high tempo we would score in the first half, relax, and hopefully more goals would come. At the moment we are always chasing the game and then start making more individual mistakes. Our play at the moment resembles the manager. I want him to do well but since Christmas we have been woeful and what has been served up at home has been highly unacceptable considering the cost of a season ticket. If the club don't want people voting with their feet and leaving early then give them something to shout about. Why should they stay behind to clap the team off when they haven't performed.
I am not one that leaves with 10 minutes to go, but can understand it. It would be interesting if we were winning 3-0 with 10 minutes to go how many would leave early. Trouble is we are unlikely to find out as that scoreline is unlikely to happen at present. NOW watch us get six in the next home game.:)
i agree our tempo is far too slow its like snails pace and we make it so easy for the other teams

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
we are so predictable and we make it so easy for the other teams

Barnsley still had us completely sussed out when they only had 10 men on the pitch. Opposition teams only have to watch one of our matchday DVDs instead of 40 odd to work out how to stop us playing effectively.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Are you really getting that much of a thrill stalking all of my comments to thumbs down them all, just because I disagreed with you the other day? :lolol:
Sorry mate. But don't go round thumbing down loads of peoples comments (ie mine) and then start pissing and whining when you get it back.

And we didn't disagree the other day. You had nothing to say other than a very strange comment about my user name. You had no view, so it could hardly be a disagreement could it.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Sorry mate. But don't go round thumbing down loads of peoples comments (ie mine) and then start pissing and whining when you get it back.

And we didn't disagree the other day. You had nothing to say other than a very strange comment about my user name. You had no view, so it could hardly be a disagreement could it.

Whatever, you started giving me the thumbs down when I only agreed with two people and I gave you a couple back for a larf. Then I get another five from you :lolol:

Is this going to carry on forever just because I didn't feel your comment was worth taking seriously four days ago?

1 "Attack! Attack! Attack Attack Attack!" Thumbs Down! Tubby-McFat-Fuc 06-04-2014 - 20:42
2 On a positive note Thumbs Down! Tubby-McFat-Fuc 06-04-2014 - 19:28
3 Poyet's Sunderland go bottom of PL Thumbs Down! Tubby-McFat-Fuc 06-04-2014 - 19:26
4 Poyet's Sunderland go bottom of PL Thumbs Down! Tubby-McFat-Fuc 06-04-2014 - 19:26
5 Poyet's Sunderland go bottom of PL Thumbs Down! Tubby-McFat-Fuc 06-04-2014 - 19:26
6 "Attack! Attack! Attack Attack Attack!" Thumbs Down! Tubby-McFat-Fuc 06-04-2014 - 19:25
7 "Attack! Attack! Attack Attack Attack!" Thumbs Down! Tubby-McFat-Fuc

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Whatever, you started giving me the thumbs down when I only agreed with two people and I gave you a couple back for a larf. Then I get another five from you :lolol:

Is this going to carry on forever just because I didn't feel your comment was worth taking seriously four days ago?

1 "Attack! Attack! Attack Attack Attack!" Thumbs Down! Tubby-McFat-Fuc 06-04-2014 - 20:42
3 Poyet's Sunderland go bottom of PL Thumbs Down! Tubby-McFat-Fuc 06-04-2014 - 19:26
4 Poyet's Sunderland go bottom of PL Thumbs Down! Tubby-McFat-Fuc 06-04-2014 - 19:26
5 Poyet's Sunderland go bottom of PL Thumbs Down! Tubby-McFat-Fuc 06-04-2014 - 19:26
6 "Attack! Attack! Attack Attack Attack!" Thumbs Down! Tubby-McFat-Fuc 06-04-2014 - 19:25
Stop acting so sad.

You're starting to embarrass everyone in the room.

Go and have your meltdown in private please.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

It's a little picture of a thumb down on the internet, get a life you ****ing sadsack.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Yeah right running around giving thumbs down isn't sad :lolol:

Yes it is.

4 "Attack! Attack! Attack Attack Attack!" Thumbs Down! symyjym 06-04-2014 - 19:11
5 "Attack! Attack! Attack Attack Attack!" Thumbs Down! symyjym 06-04-2014 - 19:11
6 We cannot sack the manager 3 months into the next season Thumbs Down! symyjym

Whining about someone doing it back to you is even sadder though.

Now as I said, run along and have your meltdown in private.

You're upsetting the Nice people in the room! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Yes it is.

4 "Attack! Attack! Attack Attack Attack!"Thumbs Down!symyjym06-04-2014 - 19:11
5 "Attack! Attack! Attack Attack Attack!"Thumbs Down!symyjym06-04-2014 - 19:11
6 We cannot sack the manager 3 months into the next seasonThumbs Down!symyjym

You're upsetting the ice people in the room! :rolleyes:

Get a room you two

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Yes it is.

4 "Attack! Attack! Attack Attack Attack!" Thumbs Down! symyjym 06-04-2014 - 19:11
5 "Attack! Attack! Attack Attack Attack!" Thumbs Down! symyjym 06-04-2014 - 19:11
6 We cannot sack the manager 3 months into the next season Thumbs Down! symyjym

You're upsetting the Nice people in the room! :rolleyes:

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here