Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Atmosphere Marseille v Ajax

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I personally think Marseille was better.

Our fans yesterday were poor. Not sure if there were too many people who didn’t go to Marseille went to Ajax instead as they didn’t have the arsehole. But it was a very minor downer on what was a 10/10 few days.
How on earth can we have such good vocal away support normally but then go away to bloody Ajax in Europe and be poor!?! 😲

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I personally think Marseille was better.

Our fans yesterday were poor. Not sure if there were too many people who didn’t go to Marseille went to Ajax instead as they didn’t have the arsehole. But it was a very minor downer on what was a 10/10 few days.
Yet try doing this after the game in the Old Port of Marseille and see what happens….

We had 500 fewer fans in the ground and two coach loads of pensioners who’d spent the trip in Belgium. Ajax were very quiet. I only watched Marseille on the TV but I can’t imagine there’ll ever be an atmosphere like that again at a Brighton match. Doesn’t make our fans poor or cowardly on Thursday FFS.

Stumpy Tim

The atmosphere last night was about 2/10 compared to Marseille being 10/10. As an overall day/night/experience though, yesterday was about 10/10 compared to Marseille being 2/10.
Nailed it. The whole Ajax experience was probably the best away trip of my thirty years watching the Albion, but the Marseille atmosphere was the best by a mile.

Pinching myself that I got to go to both. A bit gutted I can't make Athens, though my liver is breathing a sigh of relief

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I thought we did ok at making a noise. Maybe it is acoustics. I was there for their last league game and that set of away fans had a drum. You could barely hear that.

Marseille was insane though.

But Ajax was better for me because we were able to mingle with the home support much more, and probably because there was less of a language barrier. The whole experience in town was brilliant. I love Amsterdam.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Ajax was the best football experience. Better fans (no dickheads experienced), no hooligan experience, lovely city, great people.
Absolutely agree with this. Even got off at the latter station to do a walk around the ground and had a chat with many Ajax fans who were lovely. Spent a few days either side of the game in the city and it is just fantastic.

Marseille was loud and all but outside of the very contained atmosphere it wasn’t even comparable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here