Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere in the North

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Keep the faith. Your time is coming. The club have promised words on the big screens and to finally give SBTS the status it deserves as our club/county anthem.

I can't wait but presume it isn't happening until next year - anyone know anything?

Personally I do not know why people do not know the words. If not ****ing Google them and learn

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
THIS

I still belt out the real words to all and sundry and still get very odd looks when telling them their hearts should be GAY.
I must admit even I've dropped my obsession with singing "Oh we're going up AND WE'LL win the Cup". I now belt out "You can tell them all that we stand or fall"

#realwordstoGOSBTS

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Personally I do not know why people do not know the words. If not ****ing Google them and learn
Quite. An average 3 year old is quite capable of learning a couple of verses and a chorus so it won't take long.

The barrier to get past is the c. 50 year tradition of only singing the "football version"...

Words on the big screens at The Amex will do it. I know that the county cricket club are also in favour of the establishment of a new "You may tell them all that we stand or fall for Sussex by the sea" tradition (the words are on the war memorial installed at the County Ground last year).

I like #realwordstoGOSBTS . (#realwordstoSBTSforpedants)

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
yeah we was singing ogrady wonderland , a few started saying hughton so we created a song goes like this

Come on chrissy hughton
Winning games for brighton
we go wild wild wild
we go wild wild wild

So come on chrissy hughton
winning games for brighton
we go wild wild wild
we go wild wild wild

Edited for accuracy. To the tune Come on feel the Noise by Slade/Oasis depending on your age.

Also Gaz, do you think you could try not to offer people out on behalf of the PBC/NSK or whatever our latest acronym is. I am 100% certain that everyone else in that area does not want to fight people over some differing opinions on songs and how people choose to support the team. Most of us have given up posting on here because of the unreasonable vitriol our group seems to attract, for good or bad you are now the voice of NSK on here and you are making things worse by being so unnecessarily aggressive.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Edited for accuracy. To the tune Come on feel the Noise by Slade/Oasis depending on your age.

Thanks. That's probably why I couldn't work it out for myself. I rather think is is not that it is one I can see myself joining in anyway - perhaps best left to the PBC for those quieter moments.

gazfoster

PBC
Aug 11, 2013
Southwick

Also Gaz, do you think you could try not to offer people out on behalf of the PBC/NSK or whatever our latest acronym is. I am 100% certain that everyone else in that area does not want to fight people over some differing opinions on songs and how people choose to support the team. Most of us have given up posting on here because of the unreasonable vitriol our group seems to attract, for good or bad you are now the voice of NSK on here and you are making things worse by being so unnecessarily aggressive.

its ok mate..i was on a mental rage , Im very sorry in that aswell....I don't want trouble im just passionate about the albion...

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
its ok mate..i was on a mental rage , Im very sorry in that aswell....I don't want trouble im just passionate about the albion...

Fair enough, we all are, but if you want our group to be bigger then you have to rise above the petty NSC criticisms we get and try and make people feel welcome to join us.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

oooooh, you're asking for it you are.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Fair enough, we all are, but if you want our group to be bigger then you have to rise above the petty NSC criticisms we get and try and make people feel welcome to join us.

And now you're REALLY asking for it!!!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Is it "petty" to point out that your group have done untold harm to the atmosphere at The Amex since you moved under the box and decided to persist with Euro-copied songs that no-one else wants to join in...?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Is it "petty" to point out that your group have done untold harm to the atmosphere at The Amex since you moved under the box and decided to persist with Euro-copied songs that no-one else wants to join in...?

No. I don't think it is "petty". Indeed last night, with the North Stand virtually half empty - and with an exciting match in progress - it would have been perfectly possible, and perhaps the ideal occasion, for the more vocal of our supporters to have gravitated to a common area, and 'sung their hearts out for the lads'.

While not surprising, it was disappointing, that the 'two songs to the tune of another' persisted throughout, other than when the mighty West Stand was roused into action.

goldstone68

Aug 31, 2014
darkside
fantastic time in the north last night, singing, humour, scarf twirling, jumping up and down with excitement and anticipation with every attack by Brighton.
Couldn't give two hoots about whats being sung as long as something is on the go, and we all join in.
Last night is exactly the atmosphere I signed up for, even though not all seats were filled what a great time I had and those around me. More of that please folks !!

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I don't know why so many people have a problem with the pbc. I think they have proved a more than worthy replacement for Gully's Girls.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

No. I don't think it is "petty". Indeed last night, with the North Stand virtually half empty - and with an exciting match in progress - it would have been perfectly possible, and perhaps the ideal occasion, for the more vocal of our supporters to have gravitated to a common area, and 'sung their hearts out for the lads'.

While not surprising, it was disappointing, that the 'two songs to the tune of another' persisted throughout, other than when the mighty West Stand was roused into action.

Sigh, We joined in the with the rest of the North repeatedly last night, sang Sussex by the Sea first two verses in their entirety twice, Hark Now Hear, We are Brighton, Albion slow, Albion fast with claps, We are the Brighton Boys, Seagulls, various O'Grady songs, Rohan Ince's incredibly annoying lottery based chant, come on Brighton, the Joao Teixeira one, the yankee doodle dandy, 'euro style' sussex by the sea, ali ali ali oh and the Danny Holla Lola one.

I am sure I have missed some, but that is 17 different chants, as there are three O'Grady ones. How many of those are Euro ones? Three? Four? Of those ali ali ali oh is sung by virtually every club in the football league now; Yankee Doodle Dandy is sung by plenty as well. Your accusations do not stand up to the facts.

The only way we as a group can join in with the left side is if we do not make any noise until they start singing, it really is not practical and would have a detrimental effect on the atmosphere. Instead of blaming us all the time why not try and be a bit more positive, make a little more effort, sing for one more verse, or just continue to blame a group of 100 or so people for the atmosphere created by 25,000. The choice is yours.

gazfoster

PBC
Aug 11, 2013
Southwick
sigh, we joined in the with the rest of the north repeatedly last night, sang sussex by the sea first two verses in their entirety twice, hark now hear, we are brighton, albion slow, albion fast with claps, we are the brighton boys, seagulls, various o'grady songs, rohan ince's incredibly annoying lottery based chant, come on brighton, the joao teixeira one, the yankee doodle dandy, 'euro style' sussex by the sea, ali ali ali oh and the danny holla lola one.

I am sure i have missed some, but that is 17 different chants, as there are three o'grady ones. How many of those are euro ones? Three? Four? Of those ali ali ali oh is sung by virtually every club in the football league now; yankee doodle dandy is sung by plenty as well. Your accusations do not stand up to the facts.

The only way we as a group can join in with the left side is if we do not make any noise until they start singing, it really is not practical and would have a detrimental effect on the atmosphere. Instead of blaming us all the time why not try and be a bit more positive, make a little more effort, sing for one more verse, or just continue to blame a group of 100 or so people for the atmosphere created by 25,000. The choice is yours.

WE ALSO SANG

come on chrIssy hughton
the sussex boys in white and blue
ring of fire

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
WE ALSO SANG

come on chrIssy hughton
the sussex boys in white and blue
ring of fire

Ooh Ah Cantona
They sh*t on the floor , they s*it on the floor , Crystal Palace they s*it on the floor

(rehearse for Sunday please) :clap:

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Here's my thoughts.

I think last night might, just might have been the turning point for the North Stand. There were occasions when the Police Box lot sang when the East side had already started something else, and in turn the other way round. BUT for the majority of the game when one started the other joined in and the difference was quite astonishing from where I am (WSU H)

And bearing in mind the amount of empty seats in the North if it can be like this it bodes well.

So in summary:

View attachment 62113

Younger viewers may not know what the hell this means.

Agreed it sounded better from ESU.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Being under the police box may offer acoustic benefits, but it is an insignificant out of the way pocket in the grand scheme of things. Would the voices under there not consider a move?

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Have you heard my singing? I'll stick to twirling, thank you very much. :ascarf:

my singing has to be heard to be believed, nobody could ever imagine how bad it really is. I intend to use it as a weapon against the constant moaners and moaners sitting near to me, either shut the ...k up or I will serenade you .

on a serious note, we have one absolute tw.t who sits WSL who does nothing but slag off Calde, last night he reckons that Calde should be the first out the door and he is a pile of crap .... beggars belief doesn't it?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
fantastic time in the north last night, singing, humour, scarf twirling, jumping up and down with excitement and anticipation with every attack by Brighton.
Couldn't give two hoots about whats being sung as long as something is on the go, and we all join in.
Last night is exactly the atmosphere I signed up for, even though not all seats were filled what a great time I had and those around me. More of that please folks !!

Yep, agree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here